SotA Tutorials - Elaina Strongbow

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by macnlos, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Greetings Avatar! I just wanted to introduce myself to the community and officially announcement of SotA Tutorials!!!

YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/elainastrongbow

About two months ago I started to record tutorial and walkthrough videos for SotA. They cover everything from new player content, game mechanics, quests, community events and so on. I'm an original Kickstarter Backer and I've been actively playing since right before Persistence.

I upload, on average, about 10 videos a week and the collection is sitting at 97 videos in total and this week I will crack the 100 mark! The website has some useful information but all of the videos are over on the YouTube channel.

LATEST UPDATE: New Player Guide - Playlist! Check it out!!!!

If there is something you want to see please message me here in the forum. I'm always looking for new content and would love to research and answer any questions that you have. Additionally, if you find something I've provided incorrect, let me know and I will update it as soon as possible. In game my name is Elaina Strongbow and you are welcome to friend me and chat in game is well.

I hope you find the content I'm generating fun and useful. A special shout to Lace and the others who inspired me to do this as well!!!

Thanks,
    Elaina

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  2. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Hey everyone, I'm working on a series of New Character Guides. I' started out with a brand new account and start with creating the character, the opening area, the first town and then down to a permanent home base where I start developing the character. Showing all the content and also explaining the game mechanics as I go through it. The series can be found on YouTube playlist at:

Elaina Strongbow - New Character Guide

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Elgarion, discipleofweb and macnlos like this.
  4. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Thank you for these youtube tutorials - very informative and helpful for us (new players)!

Elgarion, Time Lord and macnlos2 like this.
  5. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Hey everyone! Been busy playing R41 and updated the main thread with a link to my R41 Playlist on YouTube. R41 Playlist
    I've got a FULL walkthrough of Verdantis Mines as well in there.

Enjoy!!!

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  6. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I updated the sotatutorials.com website just nows. I've added a page called Upcoming Videos that provides a glimpse into what is next on the production list. You can comment here for any suggestions on things to cover / add.

Elgarion, Time Lord and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  7. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Elgarion, Time Lord and discipleofweb like this.
  8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hope you don't mind, Elaina, I got the site linked at SotAHelp.org now ;) It's listed as SotATutorials.com

Great site and videos!

Time Lord likes this.
  9. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

thanks!

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Tafina

Tafina Avatar

I watched several of our videos and found them very useful. At the end of one you mentioned going to town to get new gear but I think I missed the details as to where you went.

Thank you,
    Taffi

Time Lord likes this.
  11. macnlos2

macnlos2 Avatar

Hey Taffi! Which video? Post a link, I'll go watch it and figure out what I missed. :) And thanks for the views!!

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Tafina

Tafina Avatar

I'm not a great link person, I'm the computer illiterate one in the house. Hubby and daughter are IT peeps and I'm the people friendly one. But I'm pretty sure it was the third one on Eleanor and you said you were going to need about 2000 in gold and go get some gear. Then in the next video, I think it was the one you went adventuring and you then had on a cloak and a hat, wolf I think. Well since I posted that I have found a few things but at that point I wasn't sure if it was player made stuff or city merchants I should be looking for. Questing is still a bit confusing but were muddling along.

Hugs,

Taffi

Time Lord likes this.
  13. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Tafina... Sorry I've been swamped at worked and missed this. The hat and basic gear is player made. My main character "Elaina Strongbow" stores a bunch of newbie stuff that I give to new players in the guild. I got this basic stuff from that character. If I was too buy it the players shops, I'd probably have spent just under 2k with the exception of the Spear. That is a pretty decent spear I actually did make for her. Probably worth 1-1.5k.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Hey everyone! Still churning out videos and you can find my on Twitch too. I've started to record the tutorial videos while streaming live on Twitch. Coming up on 200 videos soon!

Time Lord likes this.
  15. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Hey folks! Added a new playlist for New Player Guides on the channel. It will have 30-50 videos geared for new players. Enjoy!!!

Numa likes this.
  16. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Just dropping in to say I've really enjoyed your guides. They are helpful and fun to watch. Keep it up!

Alleine Dragonfyre and macnlos like this.
  17. bani

bani Avatar

Can you update the tutorial for the Path of Truth? I think it has changed in the current release.
    I'm currently stuck with the bonesteel dagger task, for which I'm supposed to find Kyle in Aerie, but I can't find how to get to Aerie. I've already done all the tasks related to the elves and vigilantes in the Blood River outskirts but I can't leave it.

Update: Found the way to Aerie

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  18. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

just a big thank you for your time making these in the past. They have helped me a lot when I started playing.
    I am sorry that you stopped playing because of the known issues currently in SotA.

Ataniiq, Barugon and macnlos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.