Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sounds for collection actions and menus - a bit distracting

Discussion in 'Release 46 Feedback Forum' started by zyxe, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I hate to say it, but I'm not a fan of the new sounds that play when collection actions are finished (i.e. you finish mining, gathering, foraging or skinning) or of the new menu sounds. The collection sounds remind me of clearing out my computer's recycling bin, inventory sounds like a drawer opening and closing and the "Esc" menu sounds like someone is opening and closing metal blinds or something. They're a bit out of place, and I don't even feel like I need a sound for these.

I still love the player character, forestry wood-chopping/trees falling and mining sounds, though! I also think having a sound for long distance falls that cause damage numbers to pop up (even if zero) would be a nice addition.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

There is a slider for UI sounds :) I turned mine off (sorry port but I dont need beeps for my inv etc)

Elwyn likes this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

The sound for the main menu is jarring, I agree.

The rest (at least for looting corpses) feels pretty good and add much needed feedback. With that said, it could use more variety between different types of "bodies" for example, I expected to hear bone rattling sound when I looted skeletons and you could add a "squish" sound for animals.

zyxe, twofoldsilence and liz_the_wiz like this.
  4. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Some I didn't find too bad, but I think they should keep trying for the
    glyph open sound - i don't know about this one..

spells
    purify - bad
    enlightenment.. I don't know

also Guards frequency seems to be around 2 times to frequent
    some NPC (female "grrrr") sound sounds doubled and maybe better suited for thug NPC than Guard.

I find all the sounds in SoTA to be too varied or too specific. More atmospherics and try more ambient sounds maybe.

zyxe likes this.
  5. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I wish they would fill in important missing sounds before adding minor sfx like this...
    for example it is really immersion breaking for me to hear no sound at all while bashing away at control point gates.

zyxe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.