Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sounds

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by prospereau, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prospereau

prospereau Avatar

Dear Mr. Dev.

This week I've been trying to get a job lot of edible porcupines finished for the Brave Coast annual fair of amusing fruit, vegetables and other foodstuffs. Sadly my porcupines have come out looking a little bit like upside down pine trees. "We're not altogether surprised" I hear you cry, and to be honest, neither am I...fondant fauna was never one of my strong points but it hasn't been helped by my complete inability to concentrate.

The culprit? Well, I'm glad you asked....you see I placed a number of braziers and a fountain around my quiet hilltop abode and obviously the wind and position of the hills around me must cause some sort of weird echoing effect because they sound as loud in the house as outside or whether I'm on the ground or the top floor and boy are they noisy. Alfred, my pet Tibetan chameleon is so scared he won't come out from underneath my dragon throne and has bitten me three times this week when I've tried to remove him :eek:.

I'm not sure what can be done about this but please help....I'm running out of plasters.

DF.

So basically...larking about aside...the problem is that the sound effects of items are too loud and the fall offs for the sound sources in Unity need adjusting. Right now it sounds as if there is a limited distance set for these sounds but they still have the default fall-off of 500 M set...the end result is that rather than getting a smooth fading of sounds and transitioning from one sound into another the sound cut-offs are jarring and the sounds too loud. If you could find some time in one of the releases to take a look at this I will love you forever! :)

DF.

2. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

Wasn't there a similar problem with the music around the tavern? That is, originally you could hear the music a long ways off, but it was tweaked so as to only be heard in the tavern. Seems like something similar is needed for housing too. Inside should be relatively quiet as to outside sounds.

Besides, Sir Hienrick BooBoo Kitty, Darius' Tibetan chameleon, hasn't slept in days and his eyes are all buggy and swirling in different directions. It looks weird. :confused:

plmarcondes, Time Lord and prospereau like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'm pretty sure the fountain sound is a throwback to Ultima V where it was just as loud and annoying.

docdoom77 and Jivalax Azon like this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Maybe there will be a "magical timer" where I can plug in and set anything to turn on at 1pm and turn off at 3pm.

Keira, The One and Jivalax Azon like this.
  5. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

The walking sound is the same when you walk on grass , pebbles , ect....................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.