South Celestial Westlands

Discussion in 'Text-Bug Reports (French)' started by BlackKiwi, May 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackKiwi

BlackKiwi Avatar

So the next area I explored was South Celestial Westlands. It contains 3 letters. The names of the letters are translated (not always correct though, see below), but only two have their content translated.

A bit of context: this area is about 2 opposing bandit clans and a merchant. The bandit clan are the "Bogfeet" and the "Swamp Paws". Both have pretty much the same meaning, but the translator thought it was "Bigfeet" (Grands Pieds).

Tto keep in french the same idea as the original meaning, let's call them:
    * "Swamp Paws" : "Pattes de Marais"
    * "Bogfeet" : "Pieds de Tourbière"

Also the idea is that each of the 3 letters mention both clans (probably so that the players are aware of the local conflict no matter which of the 3 letters they find first). This was missing in the translations.

Let's start with the translated one:

1)
    Current name: "Pattes de Mouches du Marécage"
    Original name: "Swamp Paw Scrawlings"
    Proposed: "Gribouillages de Patte de Marais"

Current content: "Pendant que nous combattions tous vaillamment, ces maudits Grands Pieds ont fait main basse sur la moitié des tonneaux de bière du marchand que nous attaquions ! Une de ces nuits obscures, nous nous faufilerons là-bas et nous récupérerons ce qui nous appartient. Vous verrez si on ne le fait pas !"

Original content is: "Those damn Bogfeet made off with half the ale barrels from the merchant we hit, while we did all the hard fighting! One dark night we Swamp Paws'll sneak over there and take back what belongs to us. See if we don't!"

Proposed : "Pendant que nous combattions tous vaillamment, ces maudits Pieds de Tourbière ont fait main basse sur la moitié des tonneaux de bière du marchand que nous attaquions ! Une de ces nuits obscures, nous autres Pattes de Marais nous faufilerons là-bas et nous récupérerons ce qui nous appartient. Vous verrez si on ne le fait pas !"

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Ellrynn likes this.
  2. BlackKiwi

BlackKiwi Avatar

2)
    Now with an untranslated one: the letter "Gribouillages de Bogfeet", found in the SW camp.
    Proposed name: "Gribouillages de Pied de Tourbière"

Original content: "
    "Those dirty Swamp Paws stole half our ale we were stealing from that merchant! And we were the ones doing all the fighting!
    NOBODY STEALS FROM US BOGFEET! First chance we get we're going over there to take back our loot. They better watch out!"

Proposed content: "Ces sales Pattes de Marais ont piqué la moitié de la bière qu'on était en train de voler à ce marchand! Alors que le combat c'est nous qui l'avons mené!
    PERSONNE NE VOLE LES PIEDS DE TOURBIERE! Dès la première opportunité, on y va et on récupére notre butin. Ils feraient bien de se méfier!"

Ellrynn likes this.
  3. BlackKiwi

BlackKiwi Avatar

3)
    And the 3rd one, with content also untranslated, the "Journal du Comptoir Commercial" found in the merchant's house in the NE of the area.

Original content:
    "I used to be able to get a pretty good haul of wolf pelts out here, but now those stupid Bogfeet and Swamp Paw bandits wander into half my traps and break the rest.
    I think they are raiding the ale shipments I've been ordering, at great personal expense!
    Throw this for a fool's game, I'm moving back to Solania."

Proposed content:
    "J'avais pris l'habitude de collecter de belles quantités de peaux de loups par ici, mais maintenant ces idiots de Pattes de Marais et de Pieds de Tourbière se prennent les pieds dans la moitié de mes pièges et détruisent le reste.
    Je soupçonne qu'ils pillent les cargaisons que j'ai commandées, ce qui me coûte très cher!
    Je ne suis pas dupe, je laisse tomber et je rentrer à Solania."

Ellrynn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.