1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Specialization Change

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Lazlo, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Specialization skills are the only skills in the game that you're forced to unlearn in order to learn something else. Given this and how expensive cotos are, they should probably work different than normal skills.

The way it is now, if you want to try a different specialization, just to change 1 spec skill, you have to choose between either spending 300 cotos, which is worth 50k-60k igg, or losing half exp from your previous spec, which which will often have many millions of xp invested.

Why not just make specialization skills 100% unlearn with some sort of restriction to prevent them from being conveniently toggleable, like having to go to the master trainer of a school to activate the new skill? With that type of restriction, unlearning might not even be necessary, since simply deactivating the old skill would be harmless.

Maybe this would sell a few less cotos in the short term, but the more that people are free to try out different things, the better chance there is that they'll find something they like and keep playing. They'll also sometimes end up buying more cotos then they otherwise would have if they find something else that they prefer and then decide to unlearn additional skills.

edit: If a restriction like that is still too convenient, it could always be something a little more time consuming like a mini quest or something.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Night1Candi, StarLord, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You mean 300 crowns, right?

Jaesun, Mac2 and Lazlo like this.
  3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Ya, still used to the old rate and think of 100 cotos as 1. Fixed.

StarLord and Mac2 like this.
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Sometimes I change my spec like 3 times a week. I like versatility, it was one of the reasons I started to play this game.

5. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I changed my spec 12 times in the last 5 days. I'm not sure what you find so hard?

6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't think it's hard so much as it's just really expensive. Not that it isn't also expensive to unlearn normal skills, but you don't have to unlearn normal skills to try out something different.

Night1Candi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.