Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Spectral Mines Feedback - Over your head frustration?

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Aartemis, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

So I've noticed that if you go to the Spectral Mines now, you can very easily get in way over your head once dropping down into the Crypts. The new Ghastly Dead-eye and other Undead are difficult to kill when teamed up together. The problem is, once you go INTO the Crypts, you are sort of forced to find the key to escape it.

I didn't do much fighting this release and so my combat skills are sub-par and I can tell you the death over and over again (and having to return to the drop point for Resurrection) will put some people into a frenzy. At least I KNEW there was a key, and where it was. Most players won't have any clue as to how to exit the Crypts once you fall down into it.

Just something to think about, perhaps a few notes or a something to help the player realize they will need to find a key to escape. Perhaps instead of a hole, you can place a hatch so that opening it could display a help message warning the players they might not find an easy way out if they jump down?

Lastly, there is not many monsters in the opening tunnels with which to judge the difficulty of the dungeon. you really have no clue what you may be in for difficulty wise before jumping down. Perhaps placing an appropriate level couple of undead in the entry room. If you can't kill them, maybe you should not be jumping down?

I do really like the setup of this map, I just think it might need a little more polish here now that the difficulty has been increased.

Kara Brae, Leelu and Lord Beaumaris like this.
  2. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So, I know at least for my first time taking the plunge, based on the pair of 400 hp skeles on the outer area (around the bend in the upper mine area) and the 600 hp monsters in spectral foothills, I tuned up prior to dropping down for the key. The one way path tells me that I need to be good and ready for what is on the other side.

Leelu likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ghastly Dead-eye? What's that?

Leelu likes this.
  4. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Answer:
    A high level monster (Skeletal Archer) with the crypts. He holds the key to access the Midmaer Passage

• Midmaer Passage: Midmaer Passage allows underground travel between Kiln Cistern and Spectral Mines. Defeat the Raging Water Elemental in Kiln Cistern or the Ghastly Deadeye in Spectral Mines to get their key and unlock this passage.

Josh Randall, Leelu and Lord Barugon like this.
  5. Womby

Womby Avatar

Ghastly Dead-eye is one of many such key-holding bosses. Here is a sample of some of the other keys:

[​IMG]

(I have yet to find a use for "A Key From A House", which is probably why some boss left it lying around and didn't bother to turn up and defend it.)

6. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

A Key From a House I believe is the Moonshiner from Soltown/East Perennial Trail House

Josh Randall, Womby and Lord Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.