Speed Up and Slow Motion in Player Towns

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chaos Shadowstorm, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos Shadowstorm

Chaos Shadowstorm Avatar

If its true the reason what speeding up and slow motion is something thats able to be jacked with when a GM potion is taken then Im not sure that is a good option to be able to do.

Does the time-scaling option have a real purpose other than screwing with other peoples gmesplay or worst, CPUs and video cards? Its already one thing to deal with the performance challenges as it is without being confused as to what is going on when this is occurring.

If you goto a town party, and you enter the zone, not knowing whats going on and the game suddenly slow-mo's you or speeds you up....then you either leave the zone or log off in frustration, blaming the game.

At best, the time scaling power given to players is invasive and even with a top end computer and solid connection it caused my framerates to get super choppy. And of course if this is all a bug, I apologize, but just making sure... Not everyone has a good connection or good computer to deal with all that.

Anyway, not sure if this was an issue or not... but it made me wonder what the hell was going on last night, and not in a fun way either.

Thanks!

2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I myself never liked the idea of giving players the ability to speed up or slow down time, but I doubt the ability will be taken away now that it is in place. But I do feel there should be more communication about it. A lot of players don't know that GM potions exist, or that they can have these effects so it is not uncommon to see someone complaining about buggy time effects/lag in chat or in the forums. Plus someone may be in the town to do other things, not to participate in the event, and then all of a sudden time starts speeding up or slowing down or all of a sudden the usually safe town has creatures spawned in.

What I suggest is that whenever a potion is in use there is a chat message posted explaining what the gm potions might do, posted at the time the potion is used and then for anyone entering the scene while it is in use. Preferably the message would state when the potion is due to expire. It would also be nice if the town message would be changed for the whole day with times the potion will be in use posted, but that can't really be automated so it would depend on the person that planned to use the potion.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.