Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Spells and Armor: Fizzling Ranger-Types

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by No Longer In Use, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Longer In Use

No Longer In Use Avatar

Although there are no firm classes in SotA, some of us plan to spec ranger-type characters. I suppose the definition of a ranger varies from person to person. If you're a George R. R. Martin fan, rangers are wilderness types who wield bows and swords with skill, but who possess no magical powers. If you're a Dungeons and Dragons fan, rangers are wilderness types who dual-wield blades and cast spells. My feedback is related to the latter kind of ranger -- the spells-and-swords type.

Since Fizzle is a major and important statistic, will there be any way to blunt its impact by training along certain lines? More specifically, will there be an option under Medium Armor that reduces Fizzle for Life, Water, Earth and Air magic while wearing leather? That would allow me to build a ranger-style, leather-wearing character who can both use blades and some spells competently.

Duke NRaas likes this.
  2. GreenSmokeFalling

GreenSmokeFalling Avatar

Right now the fizzle isn't that bad even with heavy armor I still cast my spells the majority of the time. But later on it would be good to have some way to reduce fizzle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.