Spells/Glyphs on CD @ start of combat?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Eshmunen Trismegistus, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eshmunen Trismegistus

Eshmunen Trismegistus Avatar

Only started playing the night before the 22 patch hit. I noticed today after the patch that when i enter combat all my Glyphs are on CD. Is this working as intended? Thought i would ask here before writing a bug report. Really hope it's not working as intended lulz. Looking forward to a response, thx in advance.

2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Yes I think this is intended.
    If you are entering a battle unprepared/suddenly you have this short cooldown…just prepare yourself in time and grab your weapons while you are still rushing toward your enemy and you do not have this cooldown on entering attack range. ;)

Lord Hettar Fimbultyr likes this.
  3. Eshmunen Trismegistus

Eshmunen Trismegistus Avatar

Thanks for the speedy reply, much appreciated :)

Went and had a play with it and now i see what you were explaining about not being prep'd for battle, thx again

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  4. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

Kind of a weird side effect of the draw system has always been that you can start a fight in a stronger position if you just stand around milling cards for a while before going in. It's not really game breaking, and does in a way simulate going in with a plan instead of getting caught by surprise.

5. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

There's definitely something buggy about the hybrid setup. (some locked, some stacked/unlocked)

If you draw a card that you have locked in another slot, it will be placed on CD until the locked 'version' becomes available

'Unique' cards drawn don't have the CD activated from entering combat. (Stance will be ready, not 30 sec in)

I've had some odd behavior of using an unlocked skill and it triggers a full CD on a locked spell of the same name. Will be grey but sometimes will actually cast.

This wasn't the case in R21. I could use a shuffled Heal and a locked Heal with just a GCD between casts. Not the 8 sec CD

6. agra

agra Avatar

Yeah, it's a consequence of compromise. The intent was to punish people who use locked slots, but in the end, all it does is add an annoying delay to start ranged combat with magic. Really unfortunate, imo.

7. Gix

Gix Avatar

All this does is create an awkward downtime prior to attacking your opponent. You're essentially setting yourself up knowing that none of your locked skills are usable until halfway through the fight... if at all depending on how fast you can kill your enemies.

I feel bad for whoever wants to play with an all-locked deck. I only have 2 locked glyphs and I'm terribly annoyed by it.

8. Lars vonDrachental

Well...you lose what...2 seconds or choose to hit a key on your keyboard before starting a fight.
    In your reply it sounds like you have to wait 5 minutes till you can use your glyphs. ;)

9. Gix

Gix Avatar

Cooldowns vary depending on the skills. Summon Skeleton, for example, takes a good minute or two to be usable.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  10. Lars vonDrachental

Ok, summoning is different but maybe just in my opinion summoning has normally nothing to do with spells during a fight...in my eyes its more a preparation. If you are a summoner than having your minion active is the same as a to a sword fighter having his sword equipted...again maybe just my opinion.

11. Gix

Gix Avatar

A sword doesn't take a minute to ready. Taking damage when you're not in combat is what I call "not being prepared". If you see your combat bar, you're considered prepared.

Also, summoning is not the only skills that have long cooldowns. Have you tried defensive stance? How long to you have to wait before you're "ready" to defend yourself? Especially when you're the one who initiated the fight?

Waiting for your abilities when you have yet to use them is a bad experience.

Moonshadow and agra like this.
  12. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

That's why it's home is on my non-combat hotbar.

Z + summon.

I really think buffs/stances should be allowed on there too.

They are cutting the stance CD in half, but it's quite long for what 'preparation' would be req

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.