Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Spells not casting

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by AthenaBorune, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AthenaBorune

AthenaBorune Avatar

I am in Elysium mines, think it had something to do with the Fawns because i had a few on me casting spells. I can stack my spells just fine but i cant get out of combat or actually cast the spells. I hit the keys and it puts a red box around them instead of casting. Ran all the way to the entrance and almost zoned but just standing here where im safe currently. Still not able to cast or get out of combat. Will comment if it happens again. Zoning out and back in does fix the issue.

2. AthenaBorune

AthenaBorune Avatar

In Elysium again today. Happened on 3rd floor this time so maybe its the earth elementals and not the fawns causing the problem. I do not show any debuffs. Again, cant exit combat or cast spells, only stack. Ran the mine about 5x with no problems then it randomly happened again.

3. AthenaBorune

AthenaBorune Avatar

oh, and another thing i just noticed my entire out of combat bar is grey during this, even the things like light that i should be able to cast.

4. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Elucidous - I am not certain of how you play (Key Commands? Mouse stacking of spells? etc.). But it sounds like you may be using Key Commands and are accidentally hitting the "r" key when casting glyphs. The "r" key is a key-command way of stacking glyphs and once hit - your first spell locks it until you hit the appropriate 2nd spell to stack it with. (Very confusing). Since I started using the "hit two keys right about the same time" method of stacking, I went into the keybindings setting and deleted the "r" from prompting for a spell stack. Hopefully this might help you.

In case it does not - Bug Entered. Thank you for reporting. :)

5. AthenaBorune

AthenaBorune Avatar

I deleted the r command also. :) I have heard that its happening to others while out fighting and they are having to relog, but they couldnt remember what they were fighting/doing. Wish they would have reported so the issue could be found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.