Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

spider death turrets are back...

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

tried to make it to owls nest without dying... swarmed by wolf spiders, root machine gun spray and poison to death. crazy.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

You can go there from Owls Head sewers instead.
    >go right into the water>run up the slope>straight into a brick wall which you should make pay for its insolence of being in your way.

Where you instead of being eaten by spiders will be sucked dry by a ghost.
    Yay for variance.
    ;)

3. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

The biggest issue with them outside of the three or more issue, is the web root. It isn't a true root in that I can't spin and face the mob to do close damage.

4. Vipkiller

Vipkiller Avatar

I have found going in first person mode you can spin to face any direction while this is happening.

4EverLost likes this.
  5. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Oh god. Haven't really played this release yet, but that is terrible news. Those spider mobs (and ghosts). Are like a reoccurring nightmare.

Perhaps they should have a limited amount of ranged poison attacks.

Wylder likes this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I just returned to Owl's Nest to see if the spiders have gotten worse in R26. I didn't notice any difference. I enter the scene, double click and hold the W key and race past them up the hill to the cave entrance without a scratch, just as always. The spiders are only a problem the first time you go there. Once you know the direction to run in, it is easy to zip past them even for a new avatar. Once in the cave, the bandits still don't attack you if you don't attack them. The two large grey wolves that do attack don't respawn. It's still a great place for newbie avatars to practice mining.

Caveat: when leaving the cave, don't leave the keyboard to get a cup of coffee during the loading screen like I sometimes do. Wait out the loading screen and run down the hill past the spiders to the scene entrance :)

Katrina Bekers, 4EverLost and Spoon like this.
  7. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

They're fine unless you happen to get rooted. But once that happens you're spider food.

amaasing and Kara Brae like this.
  8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

In the forest cave, I was able to jump out of webs, as usual. It stopped working outside?

9. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

I feel Spiders are one of the dangerous creatures in SotA. There are some creatures which kill me really fast. I can kill a Ghost, but a Red Spider is nearly not possible. Is there any chance to resist their poison? Can we create anti-poison potions in SotA?

10. Phydra

Phydra Avatar

Spiders in general are overclocked in every encounter I've yet seen. Ditto for Poison. And what the ruddy, bloody, heck is WITH that "see you from miles away, come and eat you" line of sight aggro crap? Seriously... I MIGHT understand it if we're talking about a human scout in specific, but spiders, nested in a small gully, on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ZONE? That's just.... sorry, it's sloppy.

It's just not right that every damn spider in this game is a wannabe Shelob. Particularly not if you're forgetting to give me Frodo's water bottle or his trusty gardener.

11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

They can feel the vibrations of your walking...

I found the Owl's Nest woodland easier this release. There are not as many spiders at the start, they don't all come after you if you don't move, and the bear isn't around. I also upped my experience and skills a bit before I hit the area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.