Spite, City Fortification...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Feb 18, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

02/18/2023 10:19
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? no
    Details: From that point of view there are two omissions: 1) The towers on both sides of the gate have open doors to each other, yet there is no wooden way from tower to tower that archs over the gate to connect them (and to defend the gate from above in case of attack). On the right, only a few metres further is an open gap in the palisade right in front of the next tower. As there is a path through the palisade perhaps a small gate or at least an "in construction" sign and a guard, for an open hole is more important to guard than a closed gate...

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12) System RAM: 15742
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics GPU RAM: 4430
    SotA.Win.64.1631.Date.02.10.23
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Spite
    Area Display Name: Spite
    Loc: (-275.7, 61.1, 430.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9TcGl0ZXx8KC0yNzUuNzM1LCA2MS4wNTksIDQzMC43NTEpfCgwLCAtMC45OTgsIDAsIC0wLjA2NSl8LTU0NC42MTUxfDAuNTMzNzk2M3wxLjI1

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the suggestions! Issue #71142

Regarding the gap in the wall: I don't recall if the palisades were supposed to be new or not, but I see there are some logs stacked nearby. Maybe the intent was that there was construction going on in this location to add or repair the walls. It doesn't really sell that very well, so I might go in at some point and add a few more decorations along those lines.

Anpu and ConjurerDragon like this.