Spite, Memorial Market, Fish Merchants

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Feb 18, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

02/18/2023 10:03
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? no
    Details: Both siblings sell the same sorts of deco fish. Neither sells fish that can actually be used for cooking...

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12) System RAM: 15742
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics GPU RAM: 4430
    SotA.Win.64.1631.Date.02.10.23
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Spite
    Area Display Name: Spite
    Loc: (-168.3, 61.3, 324.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9TcGl0ZXx8KC0xNjguMzE3LCA2MS4zMiwgMzI0LjMyNSl8KDAsIDAuMTg5LCAwLCAwLjk4Mil8LTIxNjQuNTkzfDIwLjAxNjAxfDEuMjU=

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Typically, many NPC's will have a title or be name named '"Fish Merchant", of which they sell the decoration fish. Both Jimmy Sammak and Kathy Sammak sell decoration fish.

I assume you mean the title "Fish Merchant" is a bit misleading, in that what they actually sell are "Fish Decoration"? And could possibly have a title like Fish Decoration Merchant? Which is a little more accurate?

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

We do have some "Fishmongers" too as far as I remember. However what I meant is that both offer the same decos for sale. Either the brother runs the shop and she goes fishing as he tells (no shop for her) or they should sell different fish stuff, e.g. he sells deco fish and she sells actual fish for cooking. Two merchants standing next to each other selling exactly the same is superfluos. That is - unless the get NPC routines that will move them around for a daily schedule and only one of them runs their shop on Memorial market at a time.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and udpates! We really shouldn't have two NPCs next to each other that sell identical items. Probably a simple oversight. I'll look into those NPCs and change the offerings of one of them. Also, I'll make sure they end up with the best titles for their professions/sale items. Issue #71141

Anpu likes this.