1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Splinter Strike Damage is sometimes physical in PVP

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Alphaine (Gyzarus) and I did more testing on this. In a PvP test, sometimes this skill gives Physical Damage, sometimes it gives Magic/Elemental Damage. We tested it by having Alphaine attack me while I was using Death Shield, which converts a percentage of incoming physical damage into a heal.

Sometimes I received a heal when attacked with Splintering Strike, some times I did not. We tested this at multiple stack sizes (1 stack of splintering strike, 2 stack, 6 stack) and all stack sizes were observed to behave at random. Sometimes physical damage (death shield gave a heal) sometimes elemental damage (no heal from death shield).

Is this an intended mechanism? And if so, is it only for PvP? In PvE the Splintering Strike combo seems to always deal elemental damage.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

No where does it state it does any magical damage, it states only physical:
    [​IMG]

Just pointing that out.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Splintering strike doesnt do any magic damage. But since its a combo skill from physical and earth, its counted against the magic resistance of the enemy.
    What you see in the skill stats is what you get

4. DavidDC

Removed the magic damage count. But the physical damage of splintering strike will be lowered a tiny bit due to the new math (5-10 dmg diff or so at 160 skills)

5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Were you able to replicate it sometimes sometimes prompting the heal from Death Shield and other times not?

6. DavidDC

No, that must be something else? I only see a physical damage from the skill