Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Spurious 'venom sacks' quest task and log message

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Widsith [MGT], Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

I'm getting a 'Sacks for Phineas' at the top of my onscreen task list that wasn't there when I signed out of R48, and a "You acquired the venom sacks" message in chat every time I log on (and the onscreen task does not clear.)

ETA: I do have queen spider venom sacks in inventory, since I whacked her awfulness at one point after already having done the original quest. Seems to be assuming that I am on the quest since I have the inventory items.

Possibly related: I now have 'Return to Alberic Stage 1 and 2" on my task list, presumably since I picked up some vigilante notes while doing something else in BRO. Again, assumes the quest though I hadn't gotten the 'priming' from Alberic since I originally did thse several releases ago.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I also am having the same problem... the "You acquired the venom sacks" happens and I have the sacks in my possession, and visiting Phineas does nothing, he never asks for the sacks, and I cannot trigger any way to talk about the old quest. Please fix.

1/5/2018 5:35 PM
    Title: You acquired the venom sacks
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?yes, for the quest
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:Did quest in an old version of the game, now the game does not register the quest or the progress, and am getting the venom sack message every login
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16347
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (283.8, 70.8, -129.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgyODMuODM1LCA3MC43NzcsIC0xMjkuNDE5KXwoMCwgMC41MzQsIDAsIC0wLjg0NSl8LTQzOC4xOTk2fDQzLjk2NzE4fDQuMTgzOTQ4

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.