Stacking / Charging Skills - Really why bother -

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You all need to just dump this sytem since each and every reelase tou take more and more skills and make this ability more and more meaningless.

Last release you too almost every buff / shield skill and made staking (which = training) a complete waste of time and effort.

this statement also a farce -"[Includes New] Combo Glyphs-The Combo Glyph system allows two Glyphs to be combined during combat into a potentially more powerful Glyph. Combining Glyphs is also called “stacking.”
    There are two types of Glyph combos. The first are unique combos, where two different Glyphs are combined into a new Glyph for a skill not otherwise available. These unique combination Glyphs often have the effects of both skills used to create them. They cannot be learned as normal skills, and can only be used by combining Glyphs. Check the Combo tab of the Glyphs panel for more details.
    Second, two Glyphs of the same skill can be combined into a more powerful and efficient Glyph of the same type.
    Benefits of Glyph combos include decreased Focus cost, additional damage, and more. As many copies of a Glyph as you have in your deck can be combined into a single Glyph, and the stacked Glyph becomes more powerful with every copy combined.
    Glyphs can be combined by dragging and dropping compatible Glyphs onto one another with the Left Mouse Button, or by hitting the R key and hitting the hotkeys for the two Glyphs you wish to combine. [Includes New] Locked Glyphs can be used for combos."

All one gains from stacking / charges more than 1/2 the usable glyphs is a minor focus reduction.

Since the patterns is destroy anything a player works towards, just remove the need to train out right and let us use the time for something viable.

Or fix the problems that are causing you to consider changes like this in the first place.

Eventually there will be soo much frosting on the cake used to try and caver mistakes that it will implode under its own weight.

Stacking / charging needs to actually mean something again nit just something you put in instructions but fail to say that for over 50% of the skills this boost is ONLT a miniscule focus reduction.

BTW ii was looking specifically at Strength of Earth - 14% for 22 minutes I cast it in preparation and regain the focus back before I even enter the fight so why??????? Go back to letting stacking mean something and work on the other issues .

A few of us have already made MANY different more intelligent solution go look at tthem and pick some.

Nikko likes this.
  2. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I really hope you are missing something.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I just sat there and cast Strength of earth once, charged and then stacked and every time the duff and time was the EXACT same simple level 5 casting stacking charging did NOTHING but lower the focus cost and like I said not even worried about that since I buff up well before even entering combat soooooooo.

Ranco likes this.
  4. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

That's intended. The buffs lost their ability to be stacked because of how ridiculous the power level got at Stack 5. It was nice while it lasted, but way unbalanced.

5. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Combat:
    A number of small changes and bug fixes were made this release to improve the balance of the mid to late game combat. For R47, we believe the combined result of these changes will make high end combat for even the most skilled players far more challenging. This is largely by design but we will keep an eye on thing for this release to make sure some difficulty elements don’t need to be turned down a bit. TL;DR version, R47 combat for high level players will be harder by design.
    • [...]
    • Removal of Stacking Bonus for Long Duration Buffs: Spells that buff the player in some way that have a duration greater than 1 minute will no longer receive effectiveness bonuses for stacking or charging them. They will still receive a reduced focus bonus. The list of skills that this impacts includes Air’s Embrace, Berserker Stance, Celestial Blessing, Death Shield, Defensive Stance, Douse, Earth’s Embrace, Enlightenment, Ignite Weapon, Inner Strength, Passive Stance, Reckless Stance, Shield of Air, Shield of Crystal, Shield of Ice, Spellbinder’s Stance, and Strength of Earth.

6. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Breaking that down:

STAT BUFFS
    Air’s Embrace, [Dex]
    Strength of Earth, [Str]
    Enlightenment, [Int]
    Inner Strength [Str]

EXCLUSIVE ATTUNEMENT BUFFS
    Death Shield, [Death]
    Shield of Air, [Air]
    Shield of Crystal, [Earth]
    Shield of Ice, [Water]

TACTICAL STANCES
    Berserker Stance,
    Defensive Stance,
    Passive Stance,
    Reckless Stance,

MISCELLANEOUS BUFFS
    Celestial Blessing,
    Douse,
    Ignite Weapon,
    Earth’s Embrace,
    Spellbinder’s Stance

ldykllr likes this.
  7. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I've mentioned it maybe 20 times. Perfect time to do it again. Remove stacking - the same glyph type. (But not combos - the cool stacking). @Weins201 I told you we agree on a lot. :)

8. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Yeah remove one of the features that made people buy in 4 years ago, what!?
    I will instead turn it around, remove Dallas mode and leave my game alone!

9. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Allow stacking and make the higher end stuff harder.

10. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

too Many ideas going off in mutliple directions on one sinple process that is going to be one of the main focus points of the games review on release (Combat)....

They need to settle on how they want combat to be and go with it, instead of having these knee jerk reactions to a self imposed imbalance based on a non-existent PVP population.

FrostII likes this.
  11. Dragonhart

Dragonhart Avatar

pretty much sums the issues up.

Nikko likes this.
  12. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I had suggested in another thread, that a good compromise might be if @Chris had stacking increase the duration, but not power of the skill - for the ones it was removed from.

Nikko likes this.
  13. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I agree... there are a lot of knee-jerk things going on in development these days. There needs to be SOMETHING that happens when you stack these. Like Echondas said, at least the duration increase.

14. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Eh, I still use stacking quite consistently with my offensive abilities. My long term buffs were mainly in my utility bar. Yeah, I can't meaningfully charge Defensive Stance anymore but I don't see a problem with the system overall. I would state that the UI should probably better indicate stackable vs non stackable.

Disgruntled and 3devious like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.