Staring to love Blades and Leather

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Nelzie, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I decided last week to put aside my Augmented "Big Hit Points" Leather Armor and started crafting a new set of Epic Leather Armor using Hardened Leather Straps.

For the chest piece, I tossed in a sorcery gem before enchanting.

(I don't have all the numbers up front...)

But, I haven't made a big pile of Tailored goods yet, so I only felt safe going one round of Masterwork and I upped the Defense on that. Tossed in that Sorcery Gem and my first enchant... it gave me the option of "On Hit 5.01% - Swift"

I thought... Man, I should just see what that does.

Let me tell you... with around a 60-something in "Swiftness", activation of Flurry (which is somewhere around 40 points now) and that "Swift" activating roughly 1/20th of the times that I am hit? Holy smokes! The blade flies and the mobs go DOWN.

I'm considering rebuilding my entire combat deck to put Flurry in as a locked Glyph, drop off virtually all of my combat spell glyphs except for the Ice Arrow and a few others that are buffed by enchantments on some other gear and just Blade down all the mobs.

Anyone else just accident upon a combo that just changed everything for your play style? This has been somewhere around the third or fourth time I've found something that makes me want to rework things.

Nawww, Numa, Sara Dreygon and 4 others like this.
  2. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I kind of want to see what happens with all of that active, plus a haste potion...

I already know that with all of that going and Corpion Poison, mobs just drop like those poor folks in the motor boat "Turn down for what" video...

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

You should buy yourself a fleet flute too if you can afford one. Probably the best artifact in the game. It increases movement speed and attack speed.

Nelzie likes this.
  4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I'm kind of low on the cash flow...

I need to start looking into grouping up, take on some bigger challenges and boss monsters. Maybe my cash flow problems will begin to dissipate.

5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I'm on my 6th "big change", so yeah I know what you mean. It can be really cool to see the differences and then realize you can switch between methods that work great on certain mobs.
    It comes down to acceptable base weight. I have the full epic cloth set with a fire, fire-ice, and fire-sun to kill non-ranged mobs/trolls, ranged, and undead respectively. Then there is the new tank polearm I just made. Still working on that one.
    Fun stuff.

Numa and Nelzie like this.
  6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I have the ability to unlock that one, but I haven't yet... I thought the penalties of that skill are a bit more than I want to deal with, but... I MIGHT just look at it again.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

even if you don't want it, you definitely want the skill below it.

Nelzie and Numa like this.
  8. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Yes, the training dummy was very threatening so I used Berserker stance in front of it for 40 levels.

Numa and Nelzie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.