Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stat raising

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Matheryn, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

There is nothing wrong with the stats - Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence per say although raising them is a completely different manner. I do believe a little strip of information needs to be added to the getting started guide given to every player, in the stats section, letting them know that if they wish to raise the stats they need to first go to the skills trainer and purchase the ability to raise them.

Most games don't accually rely on the purchase of stat raising as it is generally done automatically and only make you purchase skills, this game has that slight extra learning curb where you do have to purchase the ability to raise the stats which I do believe will cause a lot of frustration with people until it is common knowledge.

I myself have fallen into this trap and spent almost 3 days wondering why my strength and intelligence were not raising until I accidently stumbled across the ability to raise them in the skills trainer. Being an archer I was automatically given the dex raise ability and didn't need to worry about that one so when my dex started raising I naturally assumed that the str and int would raise aswell.

Montaigne, Budner and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  2. Thud

Thud Developer Emeritus

Moved to Feedback forum, Thank You!

Matheryn and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  3. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I totally agree with you. I'd love to see stats detached from the skill trees but if they stay the way they are, i think they should be more "basic", or at the very least, do as you suggest and notice players about this peculiarity.

Matheryn likes this.
  4. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

I would also like to state that I agree that the stat raising in this game does not feel very organic. It seems (and correct me if I'm incorrect) but each skill is already inherently tied to a stat. Weapon skills seem to give points towards tactics, spells give points towards focus ect.

My suggestion to help it feel more organic would be either
    A: Move all primary stat skills to the initial skill. Subterfuge - Dex, Tactics - Str, Focus - Int. This way everyone is able to get those stats and then follow the tree down to get more flavors (reduced focus cost, more focus, less reagents, more bonus dmg, weapon/armor preservation) of that tree.

B:Completely remove Dex, Int, Str as initiates in the tree and make them always active and actually part of your character. It seems counter-intuitive to have to learn how to become more dexterous. In the current state it seems like these were added as filler because there was a lack of ideas for the tree and they need to fill it up.

Overall I think having tree selections that are mandatory for character development is silly. It's on par with having to learn a skill to raise your Adventure level. The one instance that further highlights this idea is the subterfuge tree. Why must I learn to distract before I can become more dexterous? It doesn't feel natural to progression which is what I thought was the goal with a use-based system. I should be becoming stronger by fighting, casting, and using abilities; I shouldn't have to learn how to become stronger by talking to a trainer.

~Woden

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  5. Curt

Curt Avatar

A would do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.