Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

State of the Game

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Material Defender, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talmanes

Talmanes Avatar

You can hear the key smashing that is required in this card based system in some of the videos. It sounds like x5 to x10 times the clicks/pushes of UO, that can't be good for the health of the player. They can build the randomness they are trying to generate into formulas (dmg, cast time, esc). The trees and skills don't look bad though, maybe they would be over powered if on demand (again that could be factored into the formulas, e.g. chain casting a spell has higher "anti-crit" chance and chance to increase cast time). The Card Based system just doesn't fit, unless you build magic the gathering into the lore and that's how Magic works. Hold up a card of lighting! Projects the odd circle and casts the spell... wow... the combat system is based off Yu-Gi-Oh.

I'd be interested in seeing of the funds raised what % are disappointed in the state of PVP or it's current path. Not that it matters.

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

That isn't created with pvp for me. There are other ways to do that.

3. Gunnar Macleod

Gunnar Macleod Avatar

People might not agree but combat like witcher 3 or bloodborne would be fantastic.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Combat is in the middle of undergoing massive overhauls. In some areas, it is already vastly different than it was 2 releases ago, one of the newer changes is that the traditional locked hotbar has become more viable than it was, and thats still beign worked on so that peopel arent FORCED to use deck system, but still have the option to. Player owned towns are a big part of the game and there are alot of them, and theres a huge ammount of people that bug them to fix things with it, add stuff, etc.

There are alot of folks who like the deck system as well. There's an option even to have your skills only come up in certain slots and still use the deck system if you cant handle the randomness. i was using locked and found i do better when using deck with 1 attack assigned to each slot so i always knwo what im using without havign to look.

It's come a very long way since winter.

They mentioned at some point before that graphic polish and stuff are lower priority than getting all the mechanics into the game first. We still dont have crafting skills, and soem PvP related system have not even poked their head in yet. They intend to have more of a focus on graphcis and animations and such after all of the gameplay is at least in the game.

Sometimes new (or old) problems surface or resurface when new pre-alpha releases come around. Report it as a bug and they will look into it.

Falstaff likes this.
  5. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

You're back!

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Miss me?;)

sn0tub likes this.
  7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Haven't played either yet... my funds are rather limited *grins*

But, I would love something that started with the combat system from Savage: the battle for Newerth, and made improvements or added combos and such to that, a la 1v1 fighting games like tekken... but I understand where that is probably not feasible given network lag issues that creep into the mix. Savage did very well with lower latency players in up to a 64 v 64 scenario, but that was only with very limited combat options.

8. AviarAmidar

AviarAmidar Avatar

I have learned over the past 15 years of playing mmo's to not try to make a game what it is not. This game is in pre-alpha right now and is in a constant state of flux so I hope everyone is keeping this in mind. They have plastered warnings all over Steam when purchasing this game that you should get ready for a possible horrible experience.

I believe that everyone should give the proper feedback as to what they would like to see in the game, but I for one hope they stick with the card combat system. It is something that is new and different than other mmo's out there. Is it perfect? Not yet, but I think it has the chance to breathe something new into the game with some additional tweaking. I am not looking for another clone of a game that is already out there or a new game that just iterates slightly on something else. I'm hoping that this game as a whole can bring us something different that we can enjoy for years instead of just months like so many before it.

In regards to leveling this patch, I will say yes it is harder. But I think if people are just going out and "grinding" and not actually doing any quests or trying other ways to level, that you are definitely doing yourself a disservice as this game has more to it than just the common leveling treadmill, even without the story being implemented.

I was able to do two quests that shot me up multiple levels and gave me more than enough gold to buy new armor and weapons in half the time I would of been able to complete this via the grind. Look around in game as there is more to do than you might expect.

Duke Gréagóir and Duke Raas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.