Status Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lebowski, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lebowski

Lebowski Avatar

Yo. I haven't logged in to see how SotA was going in quite a while. Has it launched? Lots of interest? General consensus? Thanks!

Basically, trying to find out if I should play and invest time.

2. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

it sucks...

however that's just my opinion man :p

3. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

The servers went permanent the end of last July, so no more wipes. Story is slated to be finished end of this July (I believe) and I think the current projection for leaving early access is the end of this year, but that can always change.

As for whether it's worth hopping in, that's really personal perspective. Portalarium has maintained monthly updates. The current active multiplayer poulation doesn't meet my personal preference, but again, it's more what you feel comfortable with than what I think.

4. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

It's getting better and better....

that's my opinion man

Caree Death likes this.
  5. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

If you do it, you will be addicted :eek:
    *proceed with caution*

Dinsoo likes this.
  6. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

If you give it a chance and really try to learn the game mechanics, you'll find it is deep and getting deeper every month. It is getting really good. Crafting is wonderful, and combat gets better and better all of the time. Give it a serious shot and spend more then just 10 hours on this "chance" and you'll want this game more than one of those special Jackie Treehorn caucasians, Dude

Lebowski likes this.
  7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Lots of potential, but it is still in test mode. Should release later this year. Fingers are crossed for a solid game.

Don't be deterred by the discouraged, that is just how the Internet is and really there are very few of them. The company is gearing up for the initial marketing campaign. If that is successful, all will be amazing.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Also, related to what Tahru said... People that are unhappy with something tend to voice their thoughts a lot more often than those who are happy with something. This is the unfortunate way of things. If you see a lot of complainers, remember that there are typically hundreds of times that in players that are quite happy with the direction the game is going.

I certainly don't think the game is perfect, but I see the vision, and I agree with it, for the most part. I must say, I have really been enjoying helping make this game with the folks at Portalarium. We're all in this together... crafting this thing. Come to these forums, be constructive about things you do not think are great, and you'll be surprised at how personal and thoughtful the developers are.

Dinsoo and Tahru like this.
  9. Lebowski

Lebowski Avatar

Old duder will have to try it out for himself then.

10. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Good attitude! Afterall, The Dude Abides...

Cordelayne and Tahru like this.
  11. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

As with any game, it's probably a good idea to check out review sites, steam reviews, other gaming communies etc. And see what is being said about the game and how the wider audience finds it.

You will find it to be quite different from the relatively small community here and more objective as it is not just people invested in the game to varying degrees.

12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I explored a new zone a few weeks back. Higher level zone that I had never been in. One of the best MMO's experiences I have ever had (and I have played most of the games people can name).

I almost died a few times but lived to tell the tale.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149494482

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Today I finally "escaped" from the Rhun Ruins as entered from the Graff mines. I never did figure out how to unlock the front door of the building that you start in, but I found another way out that I'm sure would be LB approved. And you know how there are giant garlic plants and cotton bushes in some areas? There were giant choppable trees there, at least twice as tall as normal ones. And I left with a dozen obsidian chips in loot from that little adventure.

Fun is there, but you have to look in hidden corners sometimes.

Cordelayne likes this.
  14. Lebowski

Lebowski Avatar

Welp. I'm looking for that old UO magic ya know? I am a benefactor from when this thing initially got kicked off, but have not benefactored from it...yet

15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think the best thing you can do is dive in and see what you find. Really, the main negative right now is not enough people going in and actually playing it to get some social and economic momentum going.

Stundorn, Cordelayne and Tahru like this.
  16. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Started playing last fall with my husband, who has pledged the KS. We played lots of UO way back in the day.

I often have no idea what I am doing and I am absolutely having a blast!

Mortanius likes this.
  17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If it turns out it isn't up to snuff for you, come back after Thursday. Then again at the end of July. Repeat until you like it.

Nikko and Stundorn like this.
  18. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

El Duderino should wait until the main quest is complete (in about 1-2 months).

Xandra7 and Sir Cabirus like this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

If you want to get a jump on skills or something like that, sure. But 2017 is our sweeping up before company comes year, where I think our game will begin to see many of those once wished for things to come into existence. Things like "meaningful" agriculture and fishing will be implemented, along with the "not so final" polishing of all skills and things that fill the world in to make it more interactive.

':eek: "You're a slacker @Lebowski !" :confused:'
    [​IMG]
    But always a meaningful and well remembered one my friend ;)~Time Lord~:)

20. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

how can anyone tell you?

d'load, install, find out by yourself - i like the game - although there are many things that need to be fixed, balanced and maybe won't developed like i would like to have it, but anyway, i dont know any other game that fits better what i want to play if i want to play a RPG online with friends, immerse, explore, roleplay...

unfortunately the community and the game have some points to discuss and need to find a compromise for everybody - mentioning pvp, decay, soft cap and what is it about in total - endlessly grinding and growing - master everything or the opposite of that.

It much depends on playstyle and how you approach the game or games at all - imho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.