Stealing, pking, proximity traps, taming, poison food, full loot?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by aaliyah, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaliyah

aaliyah Avatar

This is an open discussion about the needs of hardcore pvpers. Please list your ideas. I like boots of speed as uber rare items and for sure some sort of proximity mine or dragon mounts?

2. Glimbel

Glimbel Avatar

Here is the way I wish it could be :

- Full-loot PvP
    - Outlaw system / Guard system in villages & towns
    - Bounty system, maybe ?
    - Stealing and hiding skills

- Randomly generated items with stats or traits
    (I personally prefer qualitative more than quantitative..)

- Unique items maybe, rewarded to a particular player on a particular event ? For example, Tibia has some items that are extremely rare as they were given by a unique boss or given by the GMs (so there is a limited amount, if not just one, around in the world.)

- Poisoning on weapons
    - No real opinion on food poisoning, why not..

- Personally, I think the dragon mount is a little too much

- I prefer keys for housing/everything lockable rather than a simple access granting system that is unbreakable.

3. aaliyah

aaliyah Avatar

I was joking about the flying dragon mounts, I just wanted to arouse some Trammel rage. :D How about overloaded backpack drops items in trade? That was fun.

4. Garrett

Garrett Avatar

Resource gathering, and ability to use them to build house/shop.. Maybe i'm going to far, but make a workshop where you can make weapons, armors, sell it or repair...

5. Machuell

Machuell Avatar

I like the idea that homes can be broken into, but the downside to that is that your personal inventory would become the only safe haven for your gear when you log out. Maybe a good solution would be an NPC bank that, while technically not unbreakable, would require a full guild to break in and then the gear they take would be selected from a random owner of that item in that bank. This way, your items are statistically safe in the bank, but you can take the risk with guarding them yourself with traps that are ultimately cheaper than whatever the bank charges you.

6. solanthus

solanthus Avatar

@Machuell: In regards to the rather convuluted "break into a bank and take random item". This sounds awfuly complicated not only to implement, but for players to understand, and without a doubt it would be abused and npc banks would no longer be considered a safe place to store items. No thanks.

I don't see any reason to change the basic functionality of keys and locked doors/chests from UO. Simply put, if you're forgetful, and leave your door unlocked, or walk around with your key all, you pay for your mistakes. A wise player in UO knew how to lock items down in his house to prevent thieves from moving about freely, and it was a part of the game that involved thought and cleverness on both the griefer and the house holders part to try and come out on top.

If you are truly paranoid, and also happen to own a house (lets not forget not every player is going to have one of these so if you arent willing to put a bit of effort into it you dont deserve to own one), they can simply bind themselves to the inside of their house and leave the key locked inside. No chance of thieves getting in- depite the fact you arent ever going to use the door.

I have to be honest, I was really hoping when I saw this announcement that this game would bring the excitement of player vs player dynamics back to the MMO world, and now this morning I have already learned that the game will not be an MMO, multiplay will be instanced, and that from the sounds of it, greifing and general non-consensual pvp actions will be downplayed/discouraged by game mechanics. This is a huge disappointment and I hope there is at least some kind of "pvp flag" feature so those of us who are interested in a real gaming experience can still enjoy the spirit of UO.

The reality is, often time players that are the most vocal about wanting "********" features are the minority, not only that, but they still get excitement out of the fact that at any moment they could be jumped. I hope this is realized but I have my doubts.

7. Simon

Simon Avatar

@Yndezegul: You and I have a very similar vision of what we hope this game to be. I agree with all of your points.

I didn't sign up to UO to become the [attempted] protector of younglings but that's what ended up happening. I would stalk PKs and offer their victims recourse and recovery for either barter or future favors. With ******** mechanics that would never happen. I could have never roleplayed that I took advantage of both new players and their Player Killers by simply participating in the game world the way I wanted my character to.

8. sslaw

sslaw Avatar

Maybe make PKing harder, no one strike deaths.

Also, I'd love to be able to dismember a player to decorate my house.

9. marthos

marthos Avatar

I've mentioned in other threads, but I dont like the economic impact of "full loot" pvp. Wealth is simply moved from one player to another and while one person experiences the loss, the economy does not. I much prefer EVE's system where when you blow up your opponents ship, its blown up. You don't board it and get all the assets.

Loot from PvP is fine, but not 100% full loot. Some of the stuff should be destroyed upon death. Maybe you only get 30% of his gear, the rest got destroyed by that last fireball. This means that the loser can't reclaim 100% of his gear on death either.

We need wealth taken out of the economy to avoid the infinite inflation that plagues most MMOs.

10. Valiant

Valiant Avatar

i think to should be insure on all item so we dont lose item on death. All item should be insurable.Except for maybe champion spawn and bosses loot.I also hope to have hair dye, maybe neon dye color for suit and weapons maybe runebook dye too. Thank you.

11. monxter

monxter Avatar

@marthos,
    you've got a good point. There should be such mechanics to avoid the inflation indeed, which would keep the economy alive. I think it'd be reasonable for part of the gear to be broken upon dying (seeing you may get hacked & slashed to death / scorched etc... )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.