Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stealther being revealed by Auto attack when they get close . . . should actually use a skill

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok so I posted this as a bug and was told that it by design that a player in Auto Attack will attack a player who is stealthy if they get close.

Please stop letting the game "play" for players - first time was the targeting fiascoes (which still has its issues) and now the game can attack and reveal a player who is sneaking around next to you. Sure they might be trying to attack you but that is the point. The players should have to do something not just have the game protect you.

Here is a simple, actual game play solution ;

Active skill to Detect Hidden (it could be in the tactics (I think this is better) tree or subterfuge) and an innate attached to it that can be activated when Detect Hidden hits 40 which is Self Awareness. No other skill needed it is a

Detect Hidden can be an skill used to actively seek out hidden / stealthed players (traps, etc) and when the innate skill of Self Awareness, activated at level 40 Detect, gives you what there is now. A reveal (detect, and defend) at a close range and as it goes up in skill the range and area around you grows (same for detect, which can use a skill vs skill, hide vs. detect formula). This would make it a skill and not just plan old game mechanic, which really needs to stop. Make player play this game not just walk around and have the game do it all for you.

Why would this work in either tree? Detect could actually be used in future trap detection of lock detection but for now and a Game Play a fix it fits better solo in the tactic tree. This would fix the problem of the game playing for you which needs to be done sooner than later. Since like a lot of other things if left alone for to long when it is actually implemented or fixed the push back will be overwhelming.

As it stands now all a player has to do is bein Auto Attack and spin every so often and you will prevent players from actively sneaking up on you. You do not have to do anything but look around, NO SKILL and if you are an Archer you have a little more range to reveal since you attack further away.

(( I am going to test out each actual melee skill and show ranges and why this is so bad in the future look back for how it actually "works".)) With videos.

Shira Saya and FrostII like this.
  2. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

so what your saying is that my thief cant sneak up behind a player and snoop or steal if said player is in attack mode with Auto attack on, which they will be for the most part if they are in a PVP area?

that makes absolutely no sense to me

I am in agreement with weins here, there has to be a better way to do this, a form of detect hidden that once trained up will alert you like a 6th sense.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Well I will test out LOS and range but yeah if they turn left or right and you are behind them they will reveal and attack you, defeating your skill with no skill just a simple game mechanic :-(

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I agree with Weins on this, out of common sense more than anything.
    What's the point of training stealth, if auto-attack renders it useless ? :confused:

Shira Saya likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok here are some videos as to why this has to be fixed - - -
    A target in peace mode, a Stealther can walk up to and completely around the target now there is a cursor color change if the player is looking but other than that Nothing.
    A target in war mode, and a Stealther can again walk completely around the target, and nothing happens.
    The stealthier can sneak attack or steal while stealthed from ANY direction.

Now when the target goes into Auto Attack things change, drastically.
    Stealther can walk up behind and get away with it - MAYBE.

Now against an Archer in Auto Attack the target will engage the stealthier at approximately 9 steps in the front 180 degree arch. The archer will shoot and reveal the stealthier EVERY time.

Vid 1 Archer

Against a Swords target in auto attack the range of the sword comes into play about 2 steps in the front arch.

Vid 2 Swords

Now the major problem with the whole systems is this, which is visible at the end of the Swords Video, the "target" does not actually have to turn, they ONLY have to turn their camera view. SOOOO the Stealther even though paying great attention and trying to stay behind his target is utterly defeated when the target just moves his camera. As soon as targeted and in range the target defends by attacking the stealthier / revealing him.

Vid 3 Pivot of Camera

Utterly defeating stealth with nothing but a simple weak game mechanic. The game while protect you while playing all you have to do is be in Auto attack and Pivot your camera do not even have to turn your actual Avatar.

Again I still believe a simple Skill can be designed to work and fix this, as is it is a complete waste of another skill not to mention Sneak Attack and Stealing are defeated with no skill.

I will get the range for a Pole Arm Defense later.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.