Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stone Fist broken (updated and new info)

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by 2112Starman, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Stone fist actually fails to hit on any shorter mob like corps and wolves. It just fly's over their heads period (I thought it was just when they were knocked down). This means it is completely broke.

Area: Sequanna Colossus (Novia_R4_POI_SequanaColossus) Loc: (-242.9, 89.1, 123.6)

Watch how it just flies over them:

Also note, as usual, I have the HP bug, I've only been in zone like 10 minutes.

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  2. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Same for me....

4/9/2017 8:04 AM
    Title: stone fist fails to hit certain creatures
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: see pic below. I think this is some sort of problem with targeting or range. Stone fist often misses even when I have the creature clearly targeted (they have a red reticle on them at the time of the attack). In the video above, the misses also seem to occur when the creature is targeted with a red reticle. Most of the time I am standing immediately next to the target and facing the target, but SOTA seems to think I am too far away or out of range, and therefore my attack misses (apparently regardless of whether the reticle is red or white). This also occurs when I am standing inside the targeted creature (such as between the legs of the troll) and the stone fist actually hits beyond the creature. In some cases, i can see the reticle turn white, indicating I am "out of range", but other times the reticle remains red, and I still miss.
    • Stone fist misses too often: Elder Wolf, Large Polar Bear, Rabbit, Mountain Troll (tested one in Vertas Pass)
    • Stone Fist hits often: Elven Fighter, Elven Mage
    Steps to Reproduce: use stone fist :eek:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32705
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8120
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.587.Date.04.07.17
    Area: VertasPass
    Area Display Name: Vertas Pass
    Loc: (265.8, 12.3, 129.5)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  3. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Bug Entered. Thank you for reporting. :)

4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im gonna bump this for hopefully more dev's to see directly. This is actually a pretty major problem in the game and gave me a lot of grief this weekend, especially on wolves.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Thanks for the update. I'm linking the posts you submitted on Thursday, and Friday about this same issue, as well as when it was first reported by @Alley Oop over a week ago. Multiple threads about the same issue do make it a little harder to sort thru the noise. Ideal situation is one bug - one thread.

2112Starman, Rinaldi and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Seeing the same issues trying to target Patriarch Bears, which are notably taller than wolves, etc. so may not be due to geometry but another underlying problem.

2112Starman likes this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Bump, still broken and a super bad pain in the buttox. I actually fear more for new players who log in and use these tier 1 instants, walk up to the usual new mobs like wolves and watch them completely wiff.

8. Balec Fares deCani

It's happening to me as well, but I just can't pinpoint a repro case. It doesn't happen all that often with humanoid enemies. In each picture below, I am landing bludgeon attacks, but stone fist "hits nothing" with the "hit" animation happening well beyond the target (the name of the mob in front of me appears at the to left of my screen, next to my name. I assume that means I have him hard targeted). In each case "You used Stone Fist but hit nothing!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Balec Fares deCani

Submitted as bug # 44482

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.