Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stop Wasting Our Time!

Discussion in 'Release 70 Feedback' started by Bryce Pallaton, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

So... I'm on a quest. It's a simple quest for a little thing - a dance emote. I find the NPC in the early afternoon, and he won't complete the quest until dawn! So I have to waste the majority of an in-game day.

This is like that other quest, where you have to wait for the shadow of a statue to pass over a certain thing before you can ... do what needs to be done. I guess I was OK with that because it was for the main quest.

But this? Simply inconsiderate. Unacceptable. Stop wasting your player's time.

Dhanas likes this.
  2. Toular

Toular Avatar

Heh ... funny, the differences between players. I enjoyed that dance emote quest.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

Further, the quest is bugged. It is dawn now and he says the same thing. I'll be making a bug report.

If you don't respect your customers, don't be surprised if you don't have many.

4. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

How long did you have to wait? Was waiting fun? Did you not have anything else you'd like to have done with your time? Was the quest bugged?

5. Toular

Toular Avatar

I wandered around the zone(s) harvesting stuff until the the appropriate time. Fought a couple of critters - in other words, played the game.

And, no, I did not run into a bug. Assuming we're talking about the same dance quest. The "Old Prospector"?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Alley Oop and Jaesun like this.
  6. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

That was a fun quest and although there are still some bugged quests, I enjoy the old ultima style quests like these the newer games with the run here collect x of this and run there is boring.

7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The NPC "schedules" system is a neat idea to create the impression of a living world, but in practice, it is simply annoying. Its annoying when trying to find a vendor/trainer who has wandered off or refuses to speak to you even if you find them because they're not "on duty". Its even more annoying when its an NPC that you need for a quest. I'm just grateful that "schedules" haven't been implemented everywhere and simply avoid visiting towns where they have. Doesn't help with the quest issue.

I personally think that any game mechanic that causes you to sit, doing nothing, for an extended period of time (such as waiting on NPC schedules, or waiting for a mine to respawn, or waiting on refining timers...) should be re-evaluated. People want to play the game, not wait on it.

Spinok, Hermetic and Mishikal like this.
  8. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

Not that this will lessen frustration, but he won't talk to you until "after" dawn.

9. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I've never had a problem with schedules personally... I know they exist, and so I know that if I am looking to buy something or turn in a quest while it is dark "outside", I should go do something else for the few minutes it will take for daylight to break. I play the game for fun, and having to shift my plans a few minutes one way or another is not going to spoil that fun, as diverging from a particular path is not something I find I need to get worked up about.

Sorry it negatively impacts you, just not able to empathize in this situation. *shrugs*

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.