Story & Other Questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sulaene Moon, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

With Episode 2 coming out in the next 2 to 3 months I was wondering if anyone has heard answers to some of the questions I have? I searched the game’s website, forums, and even tried to skim through the livestreams that LB is on to see if any clues have been given. I haven’t had much luck, but I know a lot of people in this great community know much more then I do and can help me out.

On with some of my questions!

1. I’ve just started the Shroud quest and hope to have it done before Episode 2 is released. Will there be any type of lore/quest item that Avatars have to complete in the new episode that will be comparable to the Shroud endgame type quests?

2. Are the Obsidians going to be continued or will there be a new stronger, more evil type foe?

3. Is there still talk of Elves as a playable race?

4. Considering that most people will be moving on to the new lands is there anything being done so that new players starting the game aren’t the only ones in the old lands to where it seems lifeless?

5. Considering a bunch of PoTs will also be moving to the new lands will nested towns be allowed to jump topside perhaps for free so the map doesn’t look even more barren?

6. Any new creatures going to be introduced that aren’t re-skins or currently in the game, like Ettins, sea serpents, dryads, leviathans etc?

7. First episode question, I’ve been to The Rise/Fall, UT, Tartarus, and Despair just once or twice. Is there a quest or lore/story background for these that I’ve missed? I want to record them in my journal for historical purposes.

Thanks to everyone in advance. The resources throughout Novia and videos have been a great help along my journey!

Astirian, Rentier and Paladin Michael like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes kinda.
    There will be a new main story arc in E2 just like there was in E1. Expect it to be shorter in scope though.

Unknown at this point. The obsidian order was kinda centered on Novia and not really on the other continents. However some of the forces behind them would definitely be there.
    Small note for instance is that DarkStarr is still absent in the world.

Yes, but unknown schedule.

Same thing as in most MMOs.
    The plan is to have a couple of beginner areas in the E2 continents, so that one could actually start 'over there' as well.

As per how it has been sold so far there will be 150 POTs on the E2 continents.
    50 which move from E1 overland to E2 overland.
    50 which move from E1 nested to E2 overland.
    50 new E2.

Yes. But not necessarily those examples.

Most likely yes. Although two of those was just created for content, not necessarily for story.
    You could search on them on the wiki to find links to the dev announcements which gives clues beyond what you get from the scenes themselves.

3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

You only can enter Episode 2 lands wíth Episode 2 access (so a new player has to buy it first).

Currently: Early Access for Episode 2 = $19.

Spoon likes this.
  4. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Thanks Spoon, incredible! I'll have to check the wiki again. I didn't find much clues about them the first time I looked.

Wow, for compassion what is the current number of PoTs? 150 seems like a lot considering the size of the lands on the map, but I'm sure the lands will be larger then what they seem. Sorta like the warning on your car's side view mirrors. hehe

5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Question..will early access stop and the price go up once the new lands are available/released?

6. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Chris previously stated in a stream that Episode 2 would likely go free to play prior to Episode 3s release, similar to the path Episode 1 to 2 took. Whether that's the official plan now or not I can't say. He said this back in a late January or early February stream.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  7. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

It does seem like a huge amount given that there are somewhere around 200 on the current map and the Episode 2 map is smaller.

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Correct.
    I'm guessing a bundle will be made available after early access ends.

IIRC it was about 370 in Novia and the Vale.

So 150 on an area that is about 1/4 of that is very much a lot of them.
    The density of POTs will be about 40% higher on the E2 continents.

But some of the Novia ones are nested and some were bought but never built and some abandoned so...

Unknown.
    But for every other software out there then Early Access is usually more pricey than if you wait a while after release, so I very much expect it to happen here as well.

For instance during early access and at release sota cost about $40, then after a year went down to $20 and is now free. So that is most likely how it will pan out.

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Really? Then - let it end s(p)oon ! :)

Rentier and Sulaene Moon like this.
  10. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

This isn't quite correct. SotA went free to play 7 months after release (end of March 2018 release, end of October 2018 free to play).

11. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Sure, I could have put in more commas in that sentence and elaborated a bit but I didn't think that necessary since the key info answering the question was the trajectory? Also free trials with restrictions were earlier than that.

FEB 2017, $45
    https://web.archive.org/web/20170202213844/https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538
    Free trials, DEC 2017
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...free-trial-aka-visitor-system-updates.105876/
    MAR 2018, $39
    https://web.archive.org/web/20170202213844/https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538
    JUN 2018, $19
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180626041338/https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538
    Then free. OCT 2018
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-59-instructions.145349/

Jaesun likes this.
  13. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Hmmm so do I wait about 7 months or so for it to go F2P or wait about 3 months for it to go from $19 to $9?

14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

You wait for a week then one day slightly tipsy you go all in and buy all the pretty shiny stuff that you see. ‘Cause no on tell me I can’t buy that when I want it, *hick*, then the day after wake up with a memory of a slightly weird dream - oh wait....

Hrm, or at least that is what I’ve been told could happen.
    Hypothetically.
    In theory.
    To someone else of course.

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

LB mentioned in the Livestream they did for episode 2 that "the Cabalists represent the anti-virtues. But there are people above them who represent the anti-principles." So some kind (presumably a trio) of super-cabalists exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.