Strange portals in scenario zones ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

When watching the gameplay video of the gypsy camp I saw this strange shimmering portal that obviously marks the end of the zone. I think that this feels out of place.
    I believe that this portal is there to show the player that this is the end of the zone but I think this should be taken out of the game or made less obvious. It kind of distracts from the adventure.
    I would prefer it if the game just transistions to map view when you reach the border of a scenario zone.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Are you sure that it wasn't a lunar rift?

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

You can see it at the end of the video here (at about minute 1:32):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPaMKo8nXss

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ok I see what you mean. Though it looks kinda plane.. there's that weird box between the pillars that makes the exit look weird.. It's probably a transition trigger type of thing rather than meant to look like a portal.

It looks to me like the design of the instance only has one possible exit and if they're all like that then yeah.. we don't need to see it. I think the pillars on either side of the trail are more than enough to mark the exit.. we don't need to see the actual trigger/exit.

5. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

That's my scenario! (There are actually two exits to the Gypsy Camp scene, and they both look almost identical) What you are seeing is a quick stab at calling out where a player could come and go from the area. This by no means represents how we plan to finally implement this functionality, I was just using what I had available at the time I was doing that prototype.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Nice to see devs digging farther than the first few posts on the page. :) I knew there was a reason I liked you guys. (Ok there's a few more reasons but it's just refreshing to do more than 'know' you're doing it.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.