Stretch Goal for Dedicated Servers

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by disorder, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disorder

disorder Avatar

Let us donate for something that really matters and massively improves all aspects of the game for all users.

2. disorder

disorder Avatar

This is the kind of "polish" the game needs imo. Any modern game trying to be the best it can be simply should not be using peer to peer networking... In my opinion, of course. Try tanking in any instance you are not the host in. Several bosses and mobs have moves that are made to be avoidable by doing certain things, but this simply does not work with any amount of latency. The only work-around is to make your healer work a bit harder or get a 2nd. Also try a little PVP. Knock someone down and see where on your screen they appear and realize just how out of sync you really are.

I would sink money into this.

3. disorder

disorder Avatar

I truly believe any person transitioning from any other Modern MMO game will notice these things, maybe Tanks and Healers more than others. They may not make the connection that it is due to P2P networking, but the game will just feel "off" or "bad" to them... or "lacking polish".

Its just my 2 cents :)

Nelzie and Bigg like this.
  4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I think Dedicated Servers would be cool, but also highly expensive and it would require some significant cost increases on Port's shoulders.

Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Sharok Alurien

Sharok Alurien Avatar

The drawback for this is it would ruin the best part of the game inmo, the community.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How would "dedicated servers" (which they already have, BTW) improve the game?

Synergy Blaize likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.