Stretch Goals Items

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by algumacoisaqq, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algumacoisaqq

algumacoisaqq Avatar

I'm not a big fan of the current stretch goals (not really a horse fan, maybe an elf fan), but I like the idea of supporting SotA, I even bought that big oracle head even without having any idea of what it does...
    But I think the current items available at the store are a little useless/overpriced. Outfits or pets are not something that interests me, but I guess they could be interesting for other people. But what really bothered my are the in-Game items.

We have no idea how these items are going to be, if they will be nearly close to that value in-game (they are priced at $20 bucks, but will they be worth $20?), if they will ever break, etc. If they break, was it really worth paying for? But if they don't break, why would you use any sword other than the one you just paid 20 bucks for? That would force the gamer to choose between efficiency or having fun, not a good game design strategy. With so little information, I find really hard to buy anything Elf-related, nothing there seem to interest me.

But the Stretch goal I'm really looking forward is the place anywhere in terrain one, or any other involving city planning or stuff like these. Please add something interesting on those, I would hate to not be able to contribute because the items aren't very interesting. (unique recipes come to my mind :p)

BillRoy likes this.
  2. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

We've been asking for more clarification in several thread for quite some time. I too was hoping this would be better detailed at E3.

algumacoisaqq and BillRoy like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You make some really good points. I'm a bit surprised at how they've designed the stretch goals.

1) What's all this stuff do exactly?
    2) Why do the people that contribute get something a little more exclusive than "random animal/item that might sorta do something if the pledge is met"?

For example, I think the horses should include breeding rights (or heck, sell breeding rights as a separate part of the stretch goal) but give players something that doesn't seem like it's going to be immediately available to everyone regardless of if you're buying into the stretch goal or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.