Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sturdy benches

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Sher Shadowleaf, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sher Shadowleaf

Sher Shadowleaf Avatar

I don't think this would be a bug, but has anyone else noticed the benches reacting differently?

I recently built this seating area, and the benches are meshed a little into one another to have a single bench look. They are also sunk into the blocks, some quite a bit.

[​IMG]

I made the mistake of taking a bench out to put in a marble bench to see how that would look, but decided not to use it. When I tried putting the sturdy bench back in, it won't sink into the block, or into the bench beside it. And now it won't fit and I have a gap. redoing it all and making both sides even will make it have gaps because the length of them don't quite fit with the length of the blocks.

You can see on this side, the bench sinks into the block all the way to the first leg. And it sinks slightly into the bench beside it giving it a one bench look.

[​IMG]

But the one bench I removed will no longer mesh to the bench beside it, or into the block. I've picked up the pieces, I've logged in and out, I've had other people try it, but I still have a gap between the benches, and between the bench and the block. I thought of taking it all out and trying to redo it to get rid of the gap, but the gaps will be worse if it affects all the benches and blocks.

[​IMG]
    The bench looks as though it sits a fraction lower than the one beside it, making the line visible...and then the gap between the blocks because the bench won't sink into it.

I know....it sounds minor, but I really liked my seating area, and wanted to build variations of this style elsewhere, but this makes it not possible.

But, again, I don't think it is really a bug as much as an IT-WON'T-DO-WHAT-I-WANT situation.

uhop, Retro, matpsch and 3 others like this.
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm seeing the same thing with Rusted Iron Fencing. They used to line up perfectly but now act as if the ground isn't even.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Man.. that would enrage my inner OCD if I were in this situation. If it used to work before but not anymore, I would file a bug report. It could be side effect from some change that relate to collision detection or something.

Sher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.