1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 66327] Sudden sparkly for Blood River - Robert Villines

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations & NPCs' started by Toular, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Toular

Toular Avatar

02/02/2020 16:58
    Title: Dangling quest thread on Blood River magistrate Robert Villines
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?No
    Details: While wandering around, I noticed a sudden-onset twinkle on my compass for Blood River. It seems the magistrate, Robert Villines want to talk to me ... Ok, so I go in to talk to him, but he's not particularly talkative. All I can get him to says is:
    [2/2/2020 4:58:36 PM] Robert Villines: Thank you for following up on what has happened here. I will continue to work with the elves who remain in Vertas so that they may one day return to their homes. I am quite busy at the moment, so good day to you...
    [2/2/2020 4:58:36 PM]
    [2/2/2020 4:58:46 PM] Dutaurm Teroue: help
    [2/2/2020 4:58:46 PM] Robert Villines: Thank you for following up on what has happened here. I will continue to work with the elves who remain in Vertas so that they may one day return to their homes. I am quite busy at the moment, so good day to you...
    [2/2/2020 4:58:46 PM]
    [2/2/2020 4:58:52 PM] Dutaurm Teroue: elves
    [2/2/2020 4:58:52 PM] Robert Villines: Thank you for following up on what has happened here. I will continue to work with the elves who remain in Vertas so that they may one day return to their homes. I am quite busy at the moment, so good day to you...

No matter what I say, this is all he responds with.

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32735
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 GPU RAM: 1996
    SotA.Win.64.1113.Date.02.01.20
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest01_Bloodriver_After
    Area Display Name: Blood River
    Loc: (-119.5, 58.2, -34.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDFfQmxvb2RyaXZlcl9BZnRlcnx8KC0xMTkuNTI0LCA1OC4xOTEsIC0zNC40ODMpfCgwLCAwLjk4NCwgMCwgLTAuMTc2KXwtMTU5LjI4MjF8MTIuNTg5ODZ8MS40OQ==

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I believe a marker was added if you have spoken to Arabella and then directed to go to the 3 battle scenes. The markers will clear if you go to the battle scenes, but should also clear in the regular scenes if you enter them (if you have previously visited them)?

The new markers added are great to direct new people to them, but for older accounts that have already been in the 3 battle scenes can’t go to them anymore.

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report, and the additional note from @Anpu! I'll review how the "clear the markers" are set up in the starting scenes. Issue #66327

Anpu likes this.
  4. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I'm still having this issue in Blood River.

I'm not sure about the other ones.