1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68652] Nearest party member overrides selected target of ALL Summoned or tamed pets

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Emrys Merlin, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Emrys Merlin

Emrys Merlin Avatar

1. Cannot target Summoned Lich in party with spells

2. Reproducible 100% of the time on my character in a party. Cannot speak for another character.

3. Not sure what this means?

4. I play a death/life necromancer. I want to have my Summon Lich do all combat, I heal him while he fights. I cannot participate in party content because I cannot target him with spells.

He is TARGETED in the sense that the visual indicator for a target appears on screen.

The Lich glows as if he is targeted, and has a targeted icon next to his name in every instance in the manner he is supposed to.

All targeted heals (Healing Touch, Healing Ray, Healing Grace, Healing Blast) will all automatically be cast on a party member if they are in range and there is nothing you can do to make them cast on the Lich other than move out of range of party member.

a. Have tried single click targeting
    b. Have enabled double click targeting
    c. Have tried clicking his name and health bar
    d. Have tried using target pet hotkey

Again, all of these do target the lich visually which suggests that the HUD system is picking up the flag for targeting but the spell casting system is not.

Thank you

EDIT: I should note that outside of a party, playing solo, targeting your pet works mostly as intended.

Please take a look at this as soon as possible, it makes it impossible for me to play my character how I want and I do not believe this is intended.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Verified this thanks to @AMoldyPotato letting me hang out for a few minutes in a party. I had my summoned lich hard-targetted (with the reticle next to their name) and my healing ray spell was going to my party member, not the summoned lich.

3. Emrys Merlin

Emrys Merlin Avatar

I want to add, that I have confirmed that this is for water elemental, phoenix as well.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Verified - this is happening with all summoned creatures as well as tamed pets. I have adjusted the thread title to match.

5. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68652

6. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

As of recent patch, I am no longer able to heal my pet with Healing Ray or Healing Blast if I am in a party. Healing ray/Blast will only land on players, no matter whether the pet is between myself and the player or not.

When I leave group I am once more able to heal the pet with healing ray or healing blast. Healing touch seems unaffected when in party.

7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

01/06/2022 12:23
    Title: When in a party it is not possible to cast life healing spells on your summon.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: When you are not in a party you can use the life spells healing blast and healing ray to heal your summon. Once you join a party, even though you target your summon the healing goes to a party member instead making it impossible to heal your summon with life spells.
    Steps to Reproduce: Summon a summon, target it, and cast healing blast/healing ray on it. You will see the healing go to the summon. Join a party, ensure your summon is targeted, and repeat. The healing will no longer go to the summon even though it is targeted.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16295
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU RAM: 1977
    SotA.Win.64.1499.Date.01.04.22
    Area: Novia_R1_City_CastleAtos
    Area Display Name: Castle Atos
    Loc: (-69.9, 109.8, 423.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DYXN0bGVBdG9zfHwoLTY5Ljg1LCAxMDkuNzg0LCA0MjIuOTU0KXwoMCwgLTAuOTYzLCAwLCAwLjI3MSl8LTU0OS4xNzA3fDI4LjYyNjg5fDguNjg5OTk2

8. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

just curious with all the recent summon updates if this longstanding issue is on the radar?