1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 70168] Skills that are required for child ones with different reqs cannot untrain

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Chiasma, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

12/31/2021 19:15
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Keep clicking the change skill training icon and there is no unlearning icon for "Combat Training"

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 65468
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 GPU RAM: 12143
    SotA.Win.64.1498.Date.12.20.21
    Area: Novia_R1_City_CastleAtos
    Area Display Name: Castle Atos
    Loc: (-58.3, 111.0, 408.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DYXN0bGVBdG9zfHwoLTU4LjMzNCwgMTEwLjk2MiwgNDA4LjA3KXwoMCwgLTAuNzg1LCAwLCAwLjYxOSl8NTQuNzM1NDR8NDUuODQ3OTF8MTg=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Chiasma, cannot verify. there's one available for me.

there won't be a toggle available if combat training is at 80 and you have spec, since that requires 80, or if it's at 40 and you have taunting training.

3. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I don't have taming spec trained. It does not have a toggle for me when my skill levels are around 40-119 together. I have just trained to 120 and the toggle show up again. Seems like I could not reproduce it again when the most of my taming skills go up.

Not sure if it relate to new taming skills added in EP2.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The skill below it, Pet Taunting Training requires the skill to be level 40.

5. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

When I play in offline mode, unlearn scroll only reset "Combat Training" to level 80. I can still toggle the unlearning button on "Combat Training" at level 80. But the level won't go down if I use other skills. This looks like another issue. After unlearning "Pet Taunting Training", I can unlearn "Combat Training" below level 80.

I remember skills allow me to toggle to unlearning at level 20 / 40 / 80 even though there is a minimum requirement on that. They just don't reduce level further if I use other skills.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  6. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I can reproduce it in offline mode. If "Combat Training" skill level is below 80 and I have trained "Pet Taunting Training" but no "Taming Spec", it does not allow me to toggle unlearning on "Combat Training"

[​IMG]

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified on qa1288. using a scroll of unlearning would only allow me to drop it to 80, even though spec was not unlocked.

this affects any skill with multiple skills of differing level requirements under it: if you know ANY of them, you can only unlearn to the requirement of the highest, even if you don't know the highest.

shield: stand your ground
    ranged: range

life: life power
    water: blue blooded
    moon: moon eater
    air: well grounded
    death: undead mastery
    fire: fire speed
    sun: sun eater
    earth: bulwark of earth

tactics: train strength
    subterfuge: train dexerity
    taming: combat training

alchemy: enchantment
    blacksmithing: blacksmithing masterwork
    tailoring: tailoring masterwork
    carpentry: carpentry masterwork suspected but did not test

Coswald_Dirthmire and Chiasma like this.
  8. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 70168

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.