[Submitted 70191] Fitzowen Armor quest

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by CrandalltheFoole, Feb 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Yes, I talked with Fiona, then got the quest from Pip.
    Into the Epitaph........
    Went through it quickly, then carefully, then several times after that.
    Sometimes with a daily effort of two or three runs, other times with just slogging through, windowed, so that I could get other things done.
    Three avatars - all with separate e-mail accounts. The above applies to all of those efforts in the past month.
    Heavy armor, light armor, swords, arrows........
    The Troll never respawned, nor did the Kobold at the Pool.
    Lots and lots of underworld creatures.
    As we are in DFW area in Texas there was not much to do because of the freeze. I spent my time in SOTA.
    I will not be attempting the Fitzowen run with either of my other accounts. Yes, I have five, including a Founder with a POT. And yes I have a bug cloak already.
    On to better (and working) quests............

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What part is not working ?

Barugon likes this.
  3. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

the armor hasnt dropped since r98.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Sannio when the wax cylinders were added to the loot tables in The Epitaph (which is dropping), could something have changed with the drops of the Fitzowen armor in here?

In the API I’ve seen hundreds of underdweller creatures killed in the last 7 days, but none of the Fitzowen armor is dropping at all.

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and additional posts! I'm not familiar with the change Anpu made, but I can take a look. Issue #70191

Anpu likes this.
  6. Sannio

I looked into this and here's what I found so far.
    • Our metrics confirm that no one has collected any FitzOwen gear as of the release of Release 98, but there's no indication yet that this fact is related to any changes in the release.
    • The FitzOwen gear can only be acquired after you start Pip's guest to get that gear. (This gives you a flag, and you can only get the gear if you have that flag.)
    • The FitzOwen gear has a very, very low drop rate. This hasn't changed in years.
    • The new wax cylinder drops are independent of the FitzOwn gear and one one affect the drop chances of the other.
    • The underdweller satyr at the pool (Crandall mistakenly said it was a kobold, but it's a satyr) is, and has been, set to never respawn, and that's intentional. This NPC has the same low chance to drop the FitzOwen gear.
    • There's a second underdweller satyr in the scene. This satyr also is, and has been, set to never respawn, and that's intentional. This NPC has the same low chance to drop the FitzOwen gear.
    • The underdweller troll is, and has been, set to never respawn, and that's intentional. This NPC has the same low chance to drop the FitzOwen gear.
    • The underdweller elves and humans are set to respawn. Each of these NPCs has the same low chance to drop the FitzOwen gear.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I just spent some time there and it's not dropping for me.

Tannie369 likes this.
  8. Sannio

Still looking into this. I was looking at the Courage and Truth companion gear and our metrics tracker says those items are still dropping for players. I noticed that there is almost twice as many chances/NPCs available that drop the Courage gear, and same for the Truth gear. I don't like that ratio, so I'm going to add more NPCs to the Epitaph that drop the Love companion gear. If it continues to look like the Love companion gear is still able to drop (and players are just getting lousy loot rolls), then this change may be the only change I make, but I'll take another look before I finish.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Perhaps you could also make it so that we could get the Fitzowen crossbow again? Pretty please.

10. Sannio

The FitzOwen crossbow is awarded to a player who collects all the FitzOwn armor and checks back in to Pip in Desolis.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Right but unlike the armor, you can only get it once. It would be nice to be able to get it again. As it is, I can use the pattern one time and that's it.

Maybe the armor turn-in could be made into a daily quest?

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i just ran through the new area and got two pieces of fitzowen armor. if it's not still dropping for the original poster it's gotta be a quest flag thing for his character.

vulcanjedi likes this.
  13. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I was down there twice since the release on my main and got three different armor pieces out of four. On my alt I had been down there for the main quest and the logbooks for a few hours and did not get any Fitzowen gear but I never picked up the quest from Fiona. I went to Adoris and got it and back to desolis to Pip. After about 45 mins back in the epitaph I have not picked up any. Will continue later and see how long it takes.
    vj

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just to 100% confirm, after getting the quest from Fiona, your alt spoke to pip, clicked the FitzOwen legacy keyword and has the quest Collect FitzOwen Legacy Armor Task and Journal entry?

I went to offline right now, with a character that has never done this quest. I spoke to Fiona and got her quest and then spoke to pip and received the Collect FitzOwen Legacy Armor quest. I was seeing these pieces dropping for this character.

It almost seems like some bug that will only effect other characters on an account that have finished this before? The quest itself seems to be working just fine, when doing it the first time.

15. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

What is a "quest flag thing"?
    As far as my avatars that I tested this with, all three have different e-mail accounts, and only one of them got a couple of the armor pieces pre-98.
    I ran Epitaph over and over with all three, and they all had the quest.
    Once that was done, I posted.
    At least this has gotten the attention of the Powers That Be , and I am thankful for that.

Anpu likes this.
  16. Sannio

The FitzOwen gear was not dropping as of Release 98. Players reported this and I confirmed it was true with a data search tool that we devs use. The issue wasn't one I could fix (although I did add a new section into the dungeon with more enemies that dropped the FitzOwen/Love gear, to make it on par with the Truth and Courage drop rates), and so I had to pass it along to a programmer.

However, using the same data search tool, it looks like the FitzOwen gear started dropping again as of February 24. It seems like Alley Oop is confirming this, but additional posted confirmations would be welcome.

Anpu likes this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I checked with my character Anpu who has already finished this quest and they definitely dropping:

[9:52 AM] Underdweller Elf has been slain by Anpu's Break Armor!
    [9:52 AM] You looted an item (FitzOwen Legacy Leather Leggings).
    [9:52 AM] You picked up 25 gold.

03/01/2022 09:52
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1512.Date.02.28.22
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis_Underground
    Area Display Name: The Epitaph
    Loc: (-3.4, 4.9, 40.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzX1VuZGVyZ3JvdW5kfHwoLTMuMzUxLCA0LjkxNSwgNDAuMzkpfCgwLCAwLjc2OSwgMCwgMC42MzkpfC0yNjcuMzM2NnwyNi43NDYyOHwxNy45OTk5OQ==

Sannio likes this.
  18. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Ok I feel like an idiot. Down in the epitaph I was not seeing any quest marker for collecting the armor I only saw the Exit to Desolis marked collect the armor. And then I realized my character was wearing a full set of the fitzowen armor I got from another account when I started.
    I switched armor and went back and got leggings and greaves from the troll. So I would assume having a full set already had something to do with preventing me from looting any until I turn it in.
    vj

Sannio, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.