1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 70479] "Kill an Ebon Dawn Ritual Master" in Solace Bridge Outskirts

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations & NPCs' started by dejunai, Apr 29, 2022.

1. dejunai

dejunai Avatar

04/29/2022 15:34
    Title: "Kill an Ebon Dawn Ritual Master" places/appends NPC icon to the compass - Bivouac Commander
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: When speaking to Lieutenant Sigourney in the Abandoned Village of Solace Bridge Outskirts, saying "Ebon Dawn" to her grants the Task "Kill an Ebon Dawn Ritual Master". The icon that appears is NPC - Bivouac Commander - Task: "Tell Kinsey about Ebon Dawn Ritual Master". (Rather than indicating where to find the ritual master to kill)… Traveling back the Captain Kinsey and saying "Ebon Dawn" then "Ritual Master" results in her discussing the "village". But there is no update to the quest, the icon remains unchanged, as though incomplete. Killing the Ritual Master completes the Quest/Task "Kill an Ebon Dawn Ritual Master" and auto accepts the follow-up quest "Tell Kinsey about Ebon Dawn Ritual Master" which is when it would seem the icon should appear. Returning to Captain Kinsey and saying "Ebon Dawn" completes the quest "Tell Kinsey about Ebon Dawn Ritual Master" and removes the quest styled (blue) icon from the compass, replacing it with a standard icon (grey).
    Steps to Reproduce: Speak to Lieutenant Sigourney in Solace Bridge Outskirts.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1314.Date.04.28.22
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (-185.2, 21.3, -170.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgtMTg1LjI0MiwgMjEuMjY4LCAtMTcwLjgyNCl8KDAsIDAuODczLCAwLCAwLjQ4OCl8MzUzLjg1NDZ8MjMuMDYxODR8My42MDY4Nzk=

Anpu likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Did you already kill the ritual master before getting the quest? If so, I think this would be why you got the immediate turn-in option, to "Tell Kinsey about Ebon Dawn Ritual Master." The quest was designed to allow you to get credit for killing the ritual master if you did so before getting the quest from Kinsey

(I apologize if I missed some other point because I was out for a few days and am speeding through bug reports. I'll check back on this one soon.)

3. dejunai

dejunai Avatar

@Sannio,

This happened on a new toon. But I wasn't paying attention to the order of things. So in order to test:

I logged into QA with a current aLvL 100 toon and I reset the quest flags. Thus an empty journal. Went directly to Solace Bridge Outskirts. Directly to Lieutenant Sigourney in the Abandoned Village. Accepted quest that is to report about scouts. Accepted quest to Kill Ritual Master. No other quest in the zone was started or finished. Perhaps because I reset the quest flags, one lingered?

Will try on QA with new toon, to eliminate possible issue with QuestReset. Will take some time to level the new toon to a point where the Ritual Master wont be a challenge. Will report back.

Dejunai

Sannio likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Of note this person is reporting bugs on QA, not live.

If you didn’t know, to report bugs specifically on qa type /devbug to be put into the QA Forum.

5. dejunai

dejunai Avatar

Good to Know. Thank You @Anpu

Anpu likes this.
  6. dejunai

dejunai Avatar

05/09/2022 09:21

Brand new toon on QA. First time entering Solace Bridge Outskirts. Spoke to Private Garridon, who gives task to meet Captain Kinsey. NPC Compass Icon added - Task:"Speak to Captain Kinsey". Went directly to Lieutenant Sigourney. Said "help" and new task added to journal. NPC Compass Icon appended - Task:"Tell Kinsey of her scouts' fates". Secondary task added to journal: "Mention Ebon Dawn to Scout". Say "Ebon Dawn" to Sigourney. New task added to journal - "Kill an Ebon Dawn Ritual Master. NPC Compass Icon appends - "Tell Kinsey about Ebon Dawn Ritual Master". This would seem to be in error. An icon should be added to find the ritual master. Traveling to Captain Kinsey and speaking to her about "Ebon Dawn" and then "ritual master" will not advance the quest or update the journal. Only after killing the ritual master will Captain Kinsey advance the task when speaking about the "ritual master", and the icon task removed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1316.Date.05.04.22
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (-185.1, 21.3, -170.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgtMTg1LjEyNCwgMjEuMjY4LCAtMTcwLjY4KXwoMCwgMC44NTksIDAsIDAuNTEyKXwtMTQ1LjU4MTh8MTMuNTgwNzV8My41OTYzNjE=

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for all the extra info. Issue #70479

Anpu likes this.