1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 71563] Small Wall Blood Splatter disappears

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

12/03/2021 13:37
    Title: small wall blood splatter from streamer bundle has wrong icon and won't place
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? just for this item

Details: I just opened a streamer bundle I won and it gave me one item: Small Wall Blood Splatter. The icon is a square rug icon. When I try to place it on a wall it shows the blood splatter as I try to place it but then it doesn't place properly. Sometimes it just goes back to my inventory and sometimes I have to find it in the deco palette. I don't have any of the coto store blood splatters on me at the moment to test (I'll try to dig one out from a different house) but I notices something odd- the coto store blood splatters are all named with numbers: blood splatter 01 through blood splatter 19. Small wall blood splatter does not exist in the coto store so maybe it is just used by devs for world building and that is what they created the coto store ones from?

Steps to Reproduce: open streamer bundle that happens to give you a small wall blood splatter and try to place it on the wall. Or as me to send it to you to look at.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.Win.64.1490.Date.11.23.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Bastion's Point
    Area Display Name: Bastion's Point
    Loc: (56.0, 38.1, 280.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxCYXN0aW9uJ3MgUG9pbnR8KDU1Ljk4NCwgMzguMDcxLCAyODAuNyl8KDAsIC0wLjY3OCwgMCwgLTAuNzM1KXwxMTY0LjIwN3w5LjYzNDA4MXwyLjQ1

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I just got a small floor blood splatter (Thanks @Jack SinAssist ) and can confirm the icon seems weird. @Gwendolyn Obscuro can you send me yours in-game mail (I'll return it after) so I can test it out ?

- small floor blood splatter placeable on floor and visible

- small wall blood splatter, placeable on wall but invisible

- icon is incorrect for both items

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

07/13/2023 20:33
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16316
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU RAM: 2978
    SotA.Win.64.1666.Date.07.11.23
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Knight's Watch
    Area Display Name: Knight's Watch
    Loc: (61.8, 38.5, 223.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxLbmlnaHQncyBXYXRjaHwoNjEuNzczLCAzOC40NzcsIDIyMy4zMDYpfCgwLCAtMC44NjcsIDAsIDAuNDk3KXwtMTM5LjA1Mjl8MTAuNzExNjl8Mi43MzYzODk=

I have tried to place this in 3 different houses. On different walls in each. Every time it disappears and does not show on the walls. I think that the back side might not have a solid texture. I will check and relay back
    Put the splatter on a wall and it disappeared ...i did a slew and came in from behind it. I see the blood splatter on the other side. Picked it up and i tried to rotate it and such but it does not flip . The texture on the icon does not show blood splatter it is different. But from my conclusion the direction it is to be placed has been flipped so it will not allow to place.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified but where did you get this? the blood splatter pack in the store does not include it, only the numbered ones, and it doesn't even have an appropriate icon.

edit: oh i see. a streamer bundle. yeah, those named ones should not be in that loot table. i'll submit this for changing the streamer bundle list and if you mail me (on allium) that splatter i'll mail you one that works.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
  5. Alley Oop

SOTA-71563

6. Alley Oop

fix (for the bundles) needs testing as of 1670
    remains open for data migration of existing ones

7. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I got two different blood splatters this week from streamer bundles (my first since the bundle fix). Both place correctly and have correct icons. The original ones are still broken.

Alley Oop likes this.