Suggesting the Removal of "Small Rooms" from Knight Benefactor Home

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Uncle Ben, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

First time posting here, I'd like to express my thoughts on the Knight Benefactor Home that I was able to visit during R6.

The two small rooms on the first floor of the Knight Benefactor house are not only designed poorly, they are almost functionally useless due to their sizes. The two small rooms can barely fit a table with a chair and impossible to fit some of the crafting stations into it. Additionally it doesn't help that the door opens inwards to the rooms so that the character's pathway is easily blocked as he/she enters the room.

It may be better to just get rid of the two walls that form the small rooms altogether, allowing us to have bigger first floor halls on either sides of the center stairs. That way not only can we have more design spaces, we are also able to make better use of the house without the two unnecessary walls in the way. The Knight Benefactor Home already has an "awkwardly" shaped room on the second floor which can serve as an enclosed space/bedroom, which should be enough for the purpose of wanting to have some privacy from the rest of the house. (The shape of the second floor room is odd, however it is shaped based on the exterior of the house making it more acceptable in this case)

In comparison, the Wood & Plaster 3 stories Village Home while slightly smaller in size, has a much better interior design and spacing. At least in the Wood & Plaster home each "room" is actually big enough to allow some actual decorations and functional use.

All in all I'd suggest removing the two small rooms on the first floor of the Benefactor Knight Home completely to give us more space. Although we are not Founders we should not be punished by being Benefactors either. If an add-on purchased house has obvious superior design and spacing I do not see why we cannot also get some love as Benefactors.

If any Benefactor Knights are also agreeing with this, please let your voice be heard. Hopefully we can get a re-design to our unique housing.

Thanks

Kaisa likes this.
  2. Andrew Knightowl

Andrew Knightowl Avatar

I noticed the small rooms on the first floor can be used for trap door too the basement? One problem i was not able too walk in that room :)(Bug Fix).I still love the Knight house style>rustic look open roof,

3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I personally like the small rooms, but I dont like that odd room-corridor in the second floor. For me it could be better if the second floor could be more like an open space. But about the small rooms I preffer both rooms with the doors opening to the "outside". The one that open to inside could be harder to decorate.

4. herradam

herradam Avatar

I greatly prefer having rooms over having an open floor plan.

5. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

It would be great to have rooms, however the current design is just to have "rooms" for the sake of having rooms. It feels more like the real estate gimmicks in real life more than anything else.
    Many houses that are smaller than the Knight Benefactor home having much better room spacing//floor plans.

Walling up a small corner cannot be defined as a room. Unless toilet is a planned future house decoration, the current area simply does not need to have a wall in the way. As mentioned above having the door swing inwards to the room does not help with the situation either.

They can fix the issue by

a) Make the doors swing outwards from the room (It doesn't do much but at least partially resolves some issues)
    or
    b) increase the two rooms' sizes by adjust the position of the wall to be aligned with the center stair case's wall.
    or
    c) increase the size of only one side of the house by re-position the wall while leave the other side completely open
    or
    d) Simply remove the walls on both sides to allow fully access to the area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.