[Suggestion] A twist on the PvP mechanic

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Hamsta, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hamsta

Hamsta Avatar

Hey there,

I don't know it this came up somewhere earlier in this forum, so I just post it here.
    I played a lot of PvP MMOs in my life so far. Each had their different approach on PvP and PvP progression. In DaoC for example you made your character stronger with good PvP performance. Since I also back the new game from MJ called Camelot Unchained, I came across the thing called "The Depths". A PvP zone where you can gather crafting materials.

Since crafting is also a big part of this game, I found this idea pretty interesting. Imagine all our current PvP zones as a place to gather the really rare stuff. Something like meteoric ore nodes and so on or some new metal that is pretty awesome. Just rarely and randomly things that are really worth hunting for. Since I'm not really a big fan of the ransom system and I find it pretty dull and unrewarding, I would pledge for something different. Something like "When you die u'll dropp everything that you earned in this zone so far". A drop of all inventory would be kinda harsh because this would also mean that everytime you want to got there you would drop all your potions and would have to store everything in you bank before engaging in PvP. On the other hand I think that my solution could be pretty hard to implement that way. Except you had a mechanic where you have a bag in your inventory and all the stuff you gather in there automatically goes into the bag and you'll drop only this item on death for others to pick up. So these zones would be risk and reward. You go in and try to just get some materials out of it or hunt other players for their gathered stuff. To top that off I would somehow prevent logging out in that zone. So you need to use one of the exits of the map to get out. Otherwise this would be pretty easy to abuse.

I think that this would bring more reward in PvP and make it more interesting. In the current state of the game there is pretty much no real reason to kill somebody. The hunt for really rare crafting materials in the PvP zones would at least get me actually stepping into one of them instead of just walking by and ignoring them.

But these are just my thoughts on that. I like PvP and I want to engage in it. But at the moment there is still a big "why" in the way all the time.

Dhanas likes this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This would drive me to offline mode for sure. I did not back Camelot unchained ( I have played Dark age of Camelot in the past) Kickstarter as I did not like what they were doing. I like what SotA proposed so backed this one instead and am liking the end result.

I am one voice out of thousands just voicing my opinion.

Xandra7 and Hamsta like this.
  3. Hamsta

Hamsta Avatar

I agree with your opinion regarding the offline mode. But maybe you get my idea that there should be something worth hunting in these zones and worth hunting other people for. I thought about crafting materials because this would spice up the old "I run around in my private mine zone and farm ore" routine.

4. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

I know you are trying to find ways to draw more folk into PvP, but right now crafters have enough obstacles thrown their way to add even more to the pile.

We already have to pay between 5,000gold and 20,000gold for most recipes that are drop only, just for my Carpentry -Blunt line I've spend a small fortune.
    Adding even more punishment on top of everything already in place, would not go over well.

cobran and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

would violate a stated rule of not having things in PvP zone a PvE plyer would not "need" to go into PvP to get

otherwise known as sheep to wolves.

6. Hamsta

Hamsta Avatar

in that sense if you take meteoric or white iron nodes for example, a normal pve player can get them.
    or you just make the nodes have higher proc chances on collection. but without any incentive you could basically just remove pvp zones all together.
    also following your logic the existence of pvp zones goes against this. because I can't visit these places without going in pvp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.