Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion for new drops

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by SmokerKGB, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Spiders should drop "Spider Carapace" when field dressed... There should be a use for "venom sacks", the sacks should be of the kind from the spider, and Alchemists should combine them for different poisons... Cooks could add them to foods that could be placed on the ground for various critters to consume and be poisoned...

When milling one should get occasionally, "sooty bark" and "pine resin", and there should be a use for all the "borer types"...

Where is the "serpent scale" reagent harvested? Maybe off crockediles? or other serpents? Where have they gone too...

Chatele and Moonshadow like this.
  2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Cave Wrasse should drop "serpent scale", and be a little tougher to kill...

Bring back the "bar mold" for deco use... I would like to make gold/silver/zinc bars and be able to stack them on the grounds of my house as "decos"...

Graff Gem Mines has gold/silver looking node, I see no reason for them NOT dropping those ores, after all, there is a use for silver... Making candle stick holders, and I'm sure I read somewhere that gold/silver inlays for weapons/armor was part of future plans... Why not drop those ores now since you have the nodes developed and the ores too... All the ore nodes are looking amazing...

Moonshadow likes this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Serpent scale was harvestable in previous release.

The other stuff: Not all items in game have had their use implimented yet. It's in the works.

FrostII, SmokerKGB and Chatele like this.
  4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I understand, but some things are already... Such as gold/silver, they already drop randomly while mining iron, and now I see gold/silver color nodes in graff mines and don't understand WHY they're not dropping gold/silver, even in single amounts... We can already craft silver candle sticls, why not gold candle sticks? I know the long term plans are to have inlays of gold/silver in a form of "guild crescent" or something like that...

Many times I have discovered new recipes just by substituting a different material, straps for binding, pine for maple, etc...

I would like a use for crystal shards/fragments, zinc/tungston, if nothing else, let me stack them for deco purposes around my house as bars or crystal clusters... I like the idea of a Treasure room filled with treasures strewn about...

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

alot of that stuff is stuff they sad they intend to impliment to some degree but havent gotten around to it yet

FrostII likes this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Perhaps, but a spider carapace is the toughest part of its exoskeleton - which is shed at intervals during its life, and most often in the relatively safe confines of it's web.
    I'm assuming that this is the logic behind finding it on a cotton plant, right where the spider left it......

SmokerKGB likes this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

No, I understand the logic about finding it with cotton harvests, its just that I kill a lot of spiders in my travels, and finding only venom sacks, spider eyes, and the occasional spider silk, Ifind the drops on spiders meager as being useful, and would prefer the occasional drop of carapace be added... Since this item is being added to more recipes, I find the supply small...

Spiders do tend to throw more corrosive acids on my armor than any other critters do...

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I can most certainly appreciate your perspective, SmokerKGB....
    And, if they do end up move them to the spider corpses based on this thread, I would have absolutely no problem moving those hard exoskeleton castoffs to those nasty-as* spiders dead and done corpses... ;)

However, since the current scenario is also entirely realistic, I would not hold thy breath....
    We should just, move on.................
    Or not......

9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Oh just hell yes on that.... They are an integral part of the game experience - absolutely no reason why I cannot have molds and ingots as the perfect deco items around my smithing station.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.