Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion: Merchant in Tutorial or Outskirts entry point

Discussion in 'Release 60 QA Feedback' started by smack, Nov 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

As a new player, I will likely loot every corpse, crate and barrel I see and eventually end up quite encumbered by the time I reach the end of the tutorial scenes (Blood River, etc) and get to one of the Outskirts scenes.

Would be nice to have a merchant right there handy to unload all the loot before I start the Outskirts phase of my experience rather than walk around heavily encumbered to talk to the main NPC. This could be a very long, slow walk.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That would seem rather odd considering what is happening in the scene.

smack likes this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, that's why I suggested a merchant at the entry to the Outskirts too. The guard that greets you could suggest you go unload your junk before you proceed. And having a merchant right there would be great, otherwise it's an excruciating walk to see Alberic in the Blood Rover Outskirts, for example. And it's even more fun with the vigilantes ganging up on you while you're encumbered :)

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Where you arrive in all 3 Outskirts is really close to Merchants, at least a little bit of a walk. Also since you are encumbered, finding a Merchant will be a high priority. I know it was for me the first time (Courage). I looted everything! :D

smack likes this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, that's what I did earlier. At least for Blood River Outskirts, it's actually a bit of a ways, with Vigilantes springing out of the ground along the way. IIRC, the nearest one at Highvale Outskirts requires you to hike all the way up the hill and up the elevators before you reach the town center and nearest merchant. At least there's no one there attacking you along the way! Will have to try Solace Bridge Outskirts to check how far of a walk that one is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.