Suggestion on upcoming replacement of non-gold COTO's

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Mishikal, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

OP and choice A is the most efficient and practical one. There is no need to remove the ones already in game or change them. I have a bunch out in decorations.

ALL Cotos are all the same value anyhow they are just making it easier since they sell Gold ones.

Honestly just stopping the drop of other than gold is simple choice, if players want to keep the colored ones they have them one who want to convert them already an and future God coto issues are no more ;-)

Paladin Michael likes this.
  2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Hey he's still alive :)
    Greetings!

3. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

No extra work for devs if they leave them as they are.

I have never had any as drops - no idea how other avatars get so many.

4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I had 3 drop just yesterday alone. I think they turned up the drop rate recently.

As for the many complaints about not being able to use these as deco anymore... well to be honest I just don't get it.

We have one off the best housing and decorating systems in any game, is this really worth complaining about? The way it's set up now is really confusing and if it's effecting performance in a negative way, we shouldn't even be able place the gold ones in my opinion.

I like decorating as much as the next guy, but I like better performance and less confusing currency MUCH more!

Jaesun and Metlore like this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Agreed, we should remove all deco objects so the game runs much faster. I mean, why stop at COTO's? Get rid of all the books, mugs, jars, furniture, etc. Or just set the deco amount on lots to zero. Problem solved!

Weins201 likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

:rolleyes:o_O

7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Yeah, that's exactly what i said....

Jaesun and Metlore like this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

My point is that the reason stated by Chris (performance) is a joke, because if they were really trying to deal with a performance issue with lots and loading, then they'd start somewhere that makes sense. They (port) are the ones who set the amount of items you can load on a lot, not the players. Removing COTO's as being able to be used as decorations doesn't have a downwards effect on how many items will get loaded at a lot. It just means there are fewer items you can use as decor. The only *honest* answer to fixing any perf related problems and deco would be to significantly decrease how many items you can use. Anything else is pure nonsense.

Weins201 and dcyumyum like this.
  9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

It wasn't the only reason for the change and they are also the ones that determine which items are causing performance issues or not. They determine if we can place certain items or not.

Isn't it entirely possible that a lot of people are using them as deco compared to some of the other items you mentioned? By the amount of complaints I've seen about it, they seem pretty popular. How many players have set up a vendor area with some cotos laying around on the counter?

If they're one of the most commonly used tiny deco items in the game, wouldn't it be faster to just load 1 type of them instead of 9? I'm really asking, I don't know how this stuff works. Maybe I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

They are popular, yes, but used in small amounts. If you compare the 9 different types of COTOs in my house to the 50+ different types of books, which one do you think takes a larger hit, performance wise? And there are two aspects involved:

a) The uniqueness of items (You're correct here, i.e. 9 vs 1)
    b) The location/orientation of items (The only thing that can change perf issues here is decreasing the # of items on the lot).

For (a), it's a one time hit per game load. I.e., the uniqueness of the items only has to be considered the first time a lot is encountered that has them. For (b), it's exhaustive and significantly detrimental. If you can find a well decorated keep lot, for example (I.e., say 1500 or so items exterior, a several thousand more interior), you can watch how the game loads things in. And it isn't by unique type. You might see 5 "red" rosebushes load in one spot, then some furniture, etc, and then later more "red roses". I.e., it's not doing the loading in a batch by item, it's some other sort of process occurring.

So while uniqueness is a minor hit to perf, the larger hit to perf is the sheer quantity of items you can have down on a lot.

One thing they talked about in the past, for example, was to introduce a bookcase that had the appearance of having books on it. That's something that would significantly decrease lot load times, since currently it has to load each and every book individually (regardless of whether they are unique or not) that you have down on a bookshelf. And those shelves can fit a lot of books.

Adam Crow likes this.
  11. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Ok, i hear ya, you make some great points that i wasnt considering.

So sounds like they went with the quickest and easiest fix. I have no problem with that. Other than making no change at all, which wouldn't solve the problem with the confusing currency, i don't see any other suggestions that would have been easier to implement (without creating rares out of items that weren't intended to be rares).

People will get over it very quick that they don't have multiple colors of cotos to decorate with. This seems like a non issue to me.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.