Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion: Open house windows when players log on.

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by illusive_allusion, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illusive_allusion

illusive_allusion Avatar

During the last telethon, some discussion of the open/shut state of windows being persistent occurred.

How about opening all of a player's windows upon logon and closing them all upon logoff?

Then there is the matter of what to do with players who have numerous lots. Perhaps if it's too arduous to open and close all of the windows on every property belonging to a player, how about the possibility of designating a "primary residence" and opening or closing only those windows?

(Of course, if implementing a persistent open/close state is the devs' ultimate goal, these suggestions are not useful.)

Tiina Onir and By Tor like this.
  2. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

...what if i don't want my windows open?

3. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

State machine. Player opens his windows, that state is saved for the window and applied when the scene loads. Same thing if the windows get closed.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  4. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

What if I'm running the A.C. while I'm out? That's going to kill my electric bill.

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'd actually like my windows to be darker so people can't see in. (they already don't open or shut)

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Baha :p Don't run the AI either while you're out :D

Scrambler likes this.
  7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

its a nice idea... it would create a bunch of funny situations like on facebook.

I saw you post pictures of cats ! Why don't you read my messages !!!

8. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I can't wait for the day when I open a window on Monday, log in on Thursday and it's still open, right where I left it. Can't wait! Also, lights... won't it be grand to turn on a light and have it stay lit? :) Or ... burn out?? after a few hours, each light source could have it's own timer, ala torches... maybe I'm getting too far ahead. Let's just have the state changes persistent between scene loads... or whatever determining factor is ruining that immersion currently.

Fister Magee, By Tor and Scrambler like this.
  9. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i'm asking to leave opened (and not closed ) all shutters frrom release day... seems that is too difficult for developers... (or they love ghost towns) .

BTW a lot of requests... but i think that NOW... no more request can be accepted... there are a huge number of bugs .. there are 6 months of request not answered... (looking at the "feature request subforum") .. and no more budget. (looking at latest report i see.. 1 month ago)

10. mass

mass Avatar

I thought this remained a performance issue. I assume they'll give us more freedom once general scene performance improves. Personally, I'd prefer an option to remove the shutters altogether. I don't mind the 'ornate' versions of things being sold in the store, but there frequently seems to be purposelessly ugly components added to crafted items, like the shutters.

11. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

they mentioned in the last telethon (LB's birthday was it?) that they were going to look into setting the default state to be opened.

IIRC there was also a mention of future feature to remember the state of each shutter/window

12. illusive_allusion

illusive_allusion Avatar

@Black Tortoise: You are probably right. My memory is "shot" and it seems I was dreaming my suggestion was original thinking. Oh well.
    @Bubonic: You could close them? Meep. 8) (I realize that's the opposite state of the current situation. The dilemma: whether the default state is open or closed, there will always be someone unhappy with it until devs implement the persistent open/close state.)

13. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Select: Open All Shutters on the lot stone.

@Rhiannon other people feel your pain!

14. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

If I"m not mistaken, they fixed this. I went to the Lodge today and the shutters were open. Please tell me it wasn't a fluke...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.