[suggestion]Overworld quick-travel, time

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by mike11, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I think that Overworld would benefit greatly from more than one quick travel modes.

1- more ferry/boat routes accessible from OW
    2- interface window for towns (2d designed with support for a image window, with either keyboard or mouse access to options. (example: enter town - image of small town, text description. Option to enter a crypt directly from overworld).. I am imagining similar experience to D&D text adventure style, quest support for ongoing quests which have component on the OW (via town or encounter interface)
    3- interface window for encounters
    5- interface for items of interest (imagining SWTOR seach for parts where you use item in your inventory to search for other buried or secret goods).
    6 - improved day/night options, where some areas only accessible during night or day
    7 - interface for encounters (interface windows are good ;-)
    8 - being able to simply sacrifice my time and resources of food to have the option to quick travel to areas in my current sector of the map.
    9 - tool tip support for areas on the Overworld to give also the difficulty level of destinations nearby and option to travel there, right away.

Overall the overworld exists, I think mostly as a optional area and simply being able to travel more quickly to areas I am interested in would be beneficial. I think it would be great to have support

cheers

2. Rational

Rational Avatar

This is against the stated goal of regional economies. They have intentionally put travel time between areas on the over map to discourage quick travel across the regions of the game.

I think some of the other suggestions would be good improvements though. Personally would like to be able to search for an item I owned across multiple properties, etc.

Other interface improvements would be welcome as well.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.