Suggestion to fix the crafter XP problem

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Arlin, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

@DarkStarr @Chris

I'm sure I need to tag someone else, please remind me who.

So the biggest problem with crafting at the moment is that there is no reasonable way to gain producer experience and the only even partially tolerable unreasonable ways are mining and skinning. And even those are a horrendous, miserable grind.

The stated reason for production skills not generating a lot of experience is that Portalarium doesn't want the market to be flooded with a bunch of gear people made just to level crafting skills. So here is my suggestion to allow production skills to generate experience without leading to a massive influx of gear:

1. Remove the cap on success chance. Currently the success chance on crafting can't go to 100%, again to slow down the influx of new equipment, but the rest of the suggested changes will negate this anyway.
    2. Drastically increase XP gain on a successful craft, but reduce XP expenditure on success to 0. Successfully crafting items generates XP, but doesn't spend it.
    3. Drastically increase XP expenditure on failure, but reduce XP gain on failure to 0. Failing at a crafting task (such as masterworking) is how you spend your producer XP on production skills. Getting better at production skills means either failing to add (on a craft) or removing(on masterworking/enchanting) items from the economy.
    4. Change masterworking/enchanting so that you can select the effect you want, but more powerful effects have lower chances. This a) allows people to pick more difficult items to spend their experience and b) removes the awful RNG selection of effects which is terrible and near universally hated.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.