Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestions for Taunt overhaul

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Soulicide, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

@Chris

It's time to give the tanks some love, please!!!

1. Please give Taunt some range so tanks can actually pull targets. Have you ever not been able to piss someone off or provoke them from a distance? (I've always thought of Taunt as either being harsh language, blowing raspberries, making faces or a combination of all three and telling the enemy their mother was a troll. All of these things you could do from quite a distance.)

2. Please fix Taunt so it actually works in the first place. It is NOT leveling at all. It's been reported twice in the bug forum but has never gotten any confirmation.

3. How do we know a taunt has even been successful when there is a lot going on? An icon in the enemy's buff/debuffs section for when taunt is active on them might help. On that note, an indication of when you have the threat in general would be nice. Sometimes it's really difficult to tell because of the weird angles enemies will often be attacking you from. Player nameplate in corner turning red? Something else simple along those lines?

Edit: Was just testing some stuff and noticed my nameplate is in fact turning red but it seems to only be an indication of when I'm attacking something, not if I have the threat. I also learned from someone else that it turns yellow when auto-attack is enabled. Very handy.

4. Taunt needs a really cool, unique animation when used. I know it's a long shot..but what about having the avatar briefly raise his weapon arm to wave in a sort of cocky "Come at me, bro." gesture. This could use a speedier 'ShakeFist' emote animation that already exists. Also, needs a good sound effect..or any at all.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Tyde likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.