Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestions for the Devs for Store

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Chatele, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Lets make a list of stuff we wouldn't mind buying in the games store, after all, like they said, they need to make money. Stuff that is not PTW, but pay for the sake of having something diff that you cant get in game or crafters can't make exactly.

Diff. types of horses, ones that are diff, from the in game ones, of many diff colors.
    Maybe special saddles, placeable on mounts, crafters make them for looks, maybe add speed to them, but store ones will hold stuff.
    Scrolls that will turn your broken weapon into a house item that can be hung in your home.
    Special Paints for the exterior of your house, and separate ones for the interior.
    Diff, types of floorings for your home.
    Scrolls that will allow you to add another Pet count to your home up to a certain number, like if you can have 2, then the scroll will allow me to have 3 etc, no more then 1 additional pet .
    How about Tiara's for headgear that you can take to a crafter for them to add stats you want to it?
    Scrolls to upgrade your house from a 1 story to a 2 story etc.
    Bigger bags that can hold more then what crafters can make.
    Quivers of diversity, that will hold certain amounts of arrows, and have Special Quivers of Weightlessness. (craftable quivers can hold more arrows also but just now make them weightless, just weigh less then carrying them without a quiver.)
    Horse fluff , like braids for horses, special dyes to dye their saddles, Saddle Bags etc.
    Sell Fighting pets, for those of us who are to lazy to tame, those who do, get the pets for free, just tame them, those who don't have option to buy one in game store. Pets have to be the same as the ones you can tame. Not more powerful, or weaker.
    Magical Items like watering cans that never run out of water for agriculture, special soil for faster growing plants, etc.
    SCROLLS that when added to weapons will make them glow, sparkle, or add flame effects etc.

etc so on and so forth. How about your suggestions? What would you like to see in add on (game) store?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. Deiniak

Deiniak Avatar

Love those suggestion exept this one
    That is exactly waht PTW is sry

Leelu likes this.
  3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

OK TY will edit
    Hoping people will add more suggestions.

Leelu likes this.
  4. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Lets try a few;

Hair styles: Unique hair styles that are not available on character creation.

Emotes: Unique emotes that are non-teachable and unaquireable via normal means.

Overland "Mounts": Temporary boosts to OVERLAND travel speeds. Could be done by just speed increases or by adding a new "Carriage/Wagon" asset that would replace the character on overland (rough thought).

Item "Skins": Skins that can be applied to alter the looks of functional equipment. Becomes destroyed when the weapon is destroyed - priced as consumable.

Alt Item "Skins": Create a currency that allows melding two items together, stats from one, look of another. I believe GW2 had a similar system.

Unique Spell Animations
    : Create new Animations for spells to give them a different look or feel.

I think in many situations adding "fluff" that gives the player more control on how the world "sees" their players personality will sell. Everyone likes to carve out their image, and they'll pay for it. I also feel that "SOME" (Heavy emphasis on this) store items can be made into consumables which will keep players coming back.

~Woden

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There is a place to request this stuff - SWAG

Cassandra Corax and Leelu like this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Too of the unique hairstyles, skins, or animations or something that are game features other deco items being exclusive to the add-ons store, we may end up with incomplete game unless we pay extra for it.

7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I agree.. let's demand more from our character creation instead, a few new hairstyles would be a great start. We can't cripple ourselves by suggesting to the devs these are features we'd pay for! :D

Animations probably should be on the add-on store..

8. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Character Tattoos

Character Scars

Character Hair accessories- hair nets-bows-scarfs for the guys- etc.

Character Companions --Pet parrots -macaws-monkeys

Butterfly and Dragonfly were wonderful starters.

Vixon, Chatele and Fister Magee like this.
  9. Ulf Berht

Ulf Berht Avatar

I have suggested this before but it is worth repeating. Considering the huge sums of cash we spend on PETS is real life why not offer the same in SOTA.
    First add some "emotes" like sit, roll over, beg, shake a paw (spiders and corpions OH MY) . Available ONLY at add-on store but maybe teachable.
    Pet food, with the same effects as human foods.
    Special dyes to color them.
    Clothing and armour.
    Dare we add breeding?
    I bet folks would spend a lot of real cash for these.

Fister Magee and Chatele like this.
  10. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Don't get me wrong; I agree.

I'm just stating that these are things that people could/would pay for and be reasonable things to sell. There is always going to be a degree of responsibility from the developers to find the line between giving the game enough features and having things to sell. I feel that the character creation is still lacking as well, but once they get it up to par - I'd "consider" buying a new themed haircut that was unique, and I think others would.

Of course I'd rather them just give us everything out of the box and give us so many options we'd choke on them, but the company wouldn't make any cash off of that either.

These are just idea's of possibilities, the developers need to apply reason to their implementation of out suggestions.

~Woden

Chatele likes this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I agree Wodin, all these are is suggestions, to give them ideas as to what we are willing to pay for. (reasonable prices) Everything can't be crafter made, or there will never be anything really unique from anyone else, we need some unique stuff that not everyone else has. And they need to not be game breaking or PTW that we are willing to pay for. We don't want useless junk either. I think they could make good money on Unique Horses, different from the in game ones (rideable of course) every game I played, people spent real money on them. They could make money for selling stuff that would enhance the horses appearance, etc. Pack animals, of which i have one, can't wait till they become operable besides just pets. But pack animals in game would be plain looking with the same functions as store ones, but not as unique looking. etc

King Robert likes this.
  12. Roycestein Kaelstrom

This is an example of what I don't want to see in this game. Look at the race selection for SWTOR where you have to unlock them by paying extra. It's semi-ok for SWTOR because this is the screen for the free-to-play players. However, we already paid for SotA, I preferred not to pay anymore to make my game whole.

With this kinda of feature-level additions, I would rather have them present it as stretch goal where those who pay for it get some goodies, but others people would be benefits from the feature unlocked as a whole.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Chatele, Ice Queen and Fister Magee like this.
  13. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I think they would sell lots more if they just sold things cheaper.

I understand that they have to charge crazy high prices land lots to make pledges feel like they got value for their money. (protection of perceived value)
    But really, what they charge 1,000 dollars for should really have been 100,
    and things they charge $100 for should have really been closer to $10
    I could understand if they had manufacturing costs scaled per unit sold, but they don't they have upfront costs and then every item sold only cost them the price of website maintenance, and merchant agreement transaction costs.

I think they could have been way more profitable, had they offered lots more items in the 1-10 range instead of so many items in the $75 - $1,000 range.

Chatele likes this.
  14. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

As my personal belief I don't see much difference between unlocking "Uniquely Themed Hair" and buying "Uniquely Themed Armor". Why does the idea of someone having the ability to buy a haircut instead of adding it directly into the game as part of the core differ from them creating uniquely skinned armor and selling that but not giving us the ability to craft or obtain that skin in game?

I really don't see the difference from your standpoint - yet the latter is "easier" to swallow and you feel less slighted by the company?

~Woden

Chatele likes this.
  15. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

That's the thing, you don't have to pay or buy anything to play the game, what we are talking about is FLUFF, stuff you do not need to compete or play. It is just diff versions of in game stuff, and stuff that you can only get in store that is not game breaking, stuff you don't need, but you may want to be diff from others... If you don't want it, don't buy it..... it doesn't effect you at all. I know there will be some people who want what you have, just cause, to them i say, if you want it, buy it, if not, then settle for what you can make or buy in game. Don't ruin it for those willing to spend the money on it.... portalarium needs to be able to make money to keep this game ftp, and provide updates and expansions, and fix bugs etc, they have bills to pay after all, AND NOTHING in life is really free.... Though I wish they had an option to pay a small monthly fee with some perks, like $9.99 a month if you prefer. but they don't ....

16. Roycestein Kaelstrom

It is more to do with the representation of the user interface. The armor will not show on the screen as pay $xxx to unlock. It is an extra item. Hair on the other hand could make a game look incomplete if you're at the point where you can select this hair because you haven't paid.

In the other words, there is a difference between buying something that goes into your bank after you claim versus having to pay to unlock things on the interface.

If they really need money to add extra hair style, then better just make a fundraising stretched goals where those who pay will get some goodies or just simply do usual hangout fund raising with milestone from buying existing add-on stores or pledges, but the new hair selection should be available to everyone if stretched goal is met.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  17. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Ahh, I see where our disconnect is.

I was not suggesting custom hair styles in the character creation mode - that would not be very wise from a simple standpoint that you'd need to recreate your character if they released a new style you liked.

Rather what I was suggesting was something of a token (for lack of imagination) that you would be given via bank that would change your hair. Or for those who want a more realistic/RP approach; A piece of paper in your bank that displays the haircut you purchased that you can take to an in-game barber as reference of what you want. You could then open up a mini menu (Much like dying armor does now) that would set your hair to that style and allow you to select colors or what have you.

Just because one implementation of an idea is not desirable does not mean that ALL implementations of an idea are bad.

~Woden

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.