Suggestions on MW training.

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by RedEyeZz, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedEyeZz

RedEyeZz Avatar

So I've been mining a lot and trying to save up on my silver. Atm I have around 1k silver ore and around 400ish silver ingots. I know im going to need a lot more then that But any suggestions on how to go about training MW ( it's at 0 atm )

I've also been saving random equipables to MW. I have around 50k gold coin atm as well.

Basically im looking for any advice or tips before I start training. ( sitting at 1.4 mil producer xp in my pool )

I want to train my basic MW as well as prioritize my cloth MW since I'll be wearing cloth most the time as a mage

I'm currently a level 72 adventurer and looking to be able to upgrade my current set up which is generally sitting around the +6ish area on my armour ( all carapasian epic cloth set atm )

Any advice before I start my training would be welcome. I know I'll need a lot more silver to get where I want but that's what I'm working with atm. Thanks!!

2. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

craft 1-2 of everything possible in your recipe book, You need the crafting XP. 1-2 of EVERYTHING. If its a craft-able items with different ingredients, do 1 with each different ingredient. You should have a eventual pool of 8mil crafting XP or more. Once you have a pool that high, get a guidance potion, and burn all that XP up doing masterworking. If you can find someone thats already GM and have them partied up nearby it will go even faster. This will let you get the most bang for your XP/materials. If you can grit your teeth and get your pool even higher, it will work better.

If you ever want someone with GM crafting skills to sit around while you craft for the bonus, let me know.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

First get Exp poll up as stated.

Then make the thing that can be MW for each Category with the Least amount of resources.

Then MW each of them until they can not be Masterworked anymore, Save them for enchanting.

When done with MW and Enchanting just salvage them.

If you do not know which items take the least resources to amek for each category go look in the Player Created resources and learn what each category is and what items to make

Like Glove or Boots, . . . . . .

Boris Mondragon and RedEyeZz like this.
  4. RedEyeZz

RedEyeZz Avatar

@Weins201 , along those lines, would it be better to craft those specific items to MW or find random equipables of a specific type from mobs to MW?

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If you can find them Go for it it will save th resources but in the end time will dictate.

If you are just going to work on them Making the items is the best route.

I used Bear and Wolf heads for tailoring as you gather a lot of them to make into helms.

But still had to make them into helmets first.

It all depends on what skill you wan MW in I know you can get a ton of wands but I do not rem if oyu can MW them if oyu can go for it. But most have low durability and would need repairs sooo

RedEyeZz likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Just checked as I thought you can OLNY MW Crafted items Sorry.:(

7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Diamond Fields I think runs an event for GM crafting regularly (unless they stopped) for people to group up and level. They give advice as well in-game. Worth checking out.

Boris Mondragon and RedEyeZz like this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yes if you are on sr=tart up a agroup looking for Crafting help with Mastwerking be specific, MW Bows, MW LPatre, . . . . .

9. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

If you have friends or guild that can help, the 3 day buff in lost vale stacks on top of the guidance potion and GM boost to the amount of XP it will take out your pool per attempt.

Stop if your pool goes below 4 mill and rebuild pool to ensure you are investing most amount of XP per craft and therefore savings resources.

Regards
    Spung

Sara Dreygon and Xkhan like this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Maybe a little clarification on this point. If they literally can't be MW anymore it's because their durability is to low and you won't be able to enchant them either. Rather, MW until your chances of success are fairly 'low'. I usually stop after about 3 attempts if I'm saving for enchanting. Once durability hits 30 or lower you can't add any more properties (either MW or enchanting)

Speaking of saving for enchanting.. if possible choose properties that use up the least durability so that you have more room to use the item for enchanting later..

Weins201 likes this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yes did not take that into account if you are going to train Enchant only take 2 - 3 hits on durability, if just worrying about MW burn them down

TY Bowen

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  12. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

What sort of masterwork level do you start getting useful abilities at? 80? or do you need GM +

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.