Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Summon Effectiveness

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Noric, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noric

Noric Avatar

Has anyone gotten summons to act differently with this stat on the spell?

I trained the wisp up a bit but never saw any increase in hp/spell effectiveness/focus or anything else.

Not sure if I'm missing something or should bug report.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'd guess it probably just isn't fully implemented but.. that's a guess.

3. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I have the skelly pet and have him up to 29 I think, but I also have the undead mastery. His effectiveness is 80 something percent, but his hit points only seem to go up with the undead master, not the effectiveness. From using both fire and earth last release, I would say the skelly is the best hitting pet. Even with the mummified up in the 30s, he really doesn't stay around a long time, so you need a ton of resources with you.

4. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Well, I'm still working this testing out. I'm currently at Ice Elemental level 31 (88% Effective). When I get up to and over 100% I'll make notes of it.

5. Noric

Noric Avatar

Been keeping notes on hp/focus/damage/ability(if applicable) effectiveness ?

6. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Well, sadly, I haven't been keeping notes yet while under 100%. I have noticed though, that the elemental does help a lot lately. In 5 skull scenes it can hold it's own while I finish off something else, which to me is a step up. When I first started using him, he was having issues handling 3 skull scenes. Though stats don't change, it feels more like his resistance/avoidance is going up. Will keep yall posted.

Fister Magee likes this.
  7. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

When I left here, maybe 6 months ago?, there was little to no reason to train the summons. Looks like that's still the case.

Either remove those useless skill lines until you make them do something or get to them. There's no reason testers should keep banging their heads against the wall with no real information that this stuff even works.

And re taming pet power vs. summons, count the trains required to level all of those Undead Summon skills. I bet it's a larger investment than the taming tree. So yes, a high level mage summon should do as much or close to as much damage as a tamed creature if the investment is larger.

agra likes this.
  8. agra

agra Avatar

Only way summons are going to be as good as tamed is if they last as long as you are in the scene. Not worth it, otherwise, imo.
    And..
    It should be possible to use Charm Animal to get an animal pet that lasts for as long as you're in the scene, as well. Just a temporary pet, adjust hp/offense as required. Then it too would have value.

It's ridiculous that summons are the pinnacle of each tier, and the pets are so... poor.

Coolwaters likes this.
  9. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

Utterly.

agra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.