Summons, pets companions - at the same time

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Josh Randall, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

IMO, we should be able to have multiple "companions/pets/summons/familiars" active simultaneously.

It makes no sense that if one has a tamed pet when they cast a summoning spell the summoned creature replaces the pet.

What's with that?

They are 2 different types of companions and should be treated as such since summoned creatures have a short duration anyway.

You really are sucking the fun out of having and taming pets and companions by making a pet not persist through a summons.

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This is more of the case of "haven't got that far yet."

Would be nice if we can have what you proposed, though. One person may want a raven pet on his shoulder by prowling through bandits with his obsidian wolf.

Josh Randall likes this.
  3. Daxxe2

Daxxe2 Avatar

Multiple simultaneous pets was/is planned to be a feature. I just think that got put to the back burner for now and they are working on more important things at the moment.

Josh Randall likes this.
  4. Silvina

Silvina Avatar

Can say i was pretty bumped when my air elemental unsummoned my tammed red spider.. I was counting on both of them to tank while i try to tame more animals

5. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

N to the O x1000000000

The moment we have multi pets is the moment i leave the game.

It has never been planned to my knowledge and chris said he doesnt want it.
    The balancing issues are just horrible. This isnt pokemon.
    And i refuse to be forced to have multiple pets just to stay on par.
    many mmos have been utterly ruined by pets.

Weins201 likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

No NO and NO, this was brought up a long time ago and the answer was the same, NOT a chance.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And this is exactly why NO, since the mechanism for controlling them does not exist then player will have stuff out and not have to play the game at all can just stand around and let pets do the work.

NOPE

8. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Okay so no multi combat pets.. can we actually have non combat pet and combat pet up together? I haven't tried it.

What about short duration casted extra pets? Like swarm pet types; something spell or effect driven that you don't have real control over.

As to the summons; I think the short duration of these is just terrible. The damage output they put out is already insignificant to a tamed pet. They are the bottom of Mage trees and can take some decent effort to obtain. There should be a better result for having them; especially with reagents required for casting them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.