Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Swappable weapons & armor. & feedback.

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by bloocow, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloocow

bloocow Avatar

Dear devs,

Besides swapping decks, there should be an option for swapping weapons. E.g. sword n shield to dual wield or 2-handed.

Similarly for armour/clothing. Because when I'm adventuring I want to be armoured but when I'm in town I want to be in my Sunday best. Not sure if it's also a good idea to allow armour under clothing. For those who like to be in their Sunday best while adventuring yet not sacrifice their armoured defense.

Just a small mention of other side issues I would like improvements:
    1. Load times
    2. Lag & disconnection issues (I'm from singapore)
    3. Slow animation for harvesting & looting. Some? Most? Of us have day jobs & or families & can't afford so much time waiting for my character to get the 100 ores needed for my full armour set. Pls consider this time issue for some other points below also.
    4. I know there can't be a London tube in novia but pls consider a more efficient way to travel between villages towns & cities. It can be slower in villages n faster to towns n cities reflecting real life.
    5. Picking up items by dragging n opening inventory is very Windows 3.1. Pls consider hotkey to highlight pickables n single click to pick.
    6. Items should autostack when in inventory.
    7. I can't discard unwanted items from my inventory? Some are not sellable at all.
    8. Moving in tight spaces brings the walls too close to screen & I get a headache within a minute. Consider allowing camera to zoom outside of the enclosed area?
    9. Consider individual player loot? Meaning if an enemy dies in a multiplayer game, each visible player has the chance to loot. Instead of only 1 guy looting. Same for resource gathering. Consider non transferable items to control economy if needed.

Sorry that was longer than I expected...
    Thanks for reading.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I remember quite a bit of talk about clothes/armor swapping but I don't recall the devs making any commitments in that area. I seem to recall it looked hopeful though.

I would also like to see weapon swapping. Probably with a small delay or short term penalty of some kind. I'd like to be able to swap out weapons readily on hand.. such as from bow to sword.

Athanil likes this.
  3. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

What I've done is create a new deck called casual. I have no skills in the deck, but I've linked my casual wear as equipment.
    It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I find it's the best work around in the mean time.

4. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

I made a "deck" with fixed healing, fixed light spell.
    You are aware of the "equipment change" that also can be done with the "X" key?
    I equip my leather armor and - behold and cower in fear - I wield 2 half coconuts! I love that sound and the animation that goes with it!

Don't be afraid of selling the "wrong" items.
    The system responsible to change deck/armor seems to be working on itemType rather than itemID. (which is very welcome by me at the moment!)

bloocow likes this.
  5. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

Yes and no, best if it is configurable.
    When working with someone I trust I think it is not necessary for each party member to go to the corpse and loot, we can split loot after the <event of choice>.
    For untrusted, maybe randomly assigned party members, ofc, I would prefer an "each to their own" version.

6. bloocow

bloocow Avatar

Cheers for the swappable deck idea.. works well enough..
    only issue is since I have multiple weapons & shields (backup), system tends to randomly? swap my weapons into hand. So now I have weapons of varying durability in inventory...

7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i too want to swap weapons with out swapping decks.

8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

This can be done now by creating an "alternate" deck, and by linking the two decks to a set of armor/weapon... When you press the "X" key it swaps out everything related to that deck, a penalty of 1/2 your focus is consumed if you swap during battle, but if you're at peace, there's no penalty...

I have created a "ranged" weapon deck and a "melee" weapon deck, and in the lower right corner, there is an indicator showing which deck is active...

Replacing any piece in the set will require a new link to that piece, just make sure you have everything equipped at the time of you linking it to the set... Rename your decks to reflect any name you like...Melee 1, melee 2 or pole, mace... If you want the same glyphs in each deck, then create both decks using the same glyphs just use a different weapon... But I don't see why you would want the exact same glyphs in both decks if you are arming a pole weapon or a mace weapon...

You can only create 1 alternate deck, but having 2 to chose from is fantastic... Just don't press the X key by mistake... hehe... or the wrong deck is activated and you loose 1/2 your focus again swapping back...

BTW, I'm using "locked" decks, so there may be no focus penalty in random decks...

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there is a penalty for us random players too, but either locked or unlocked, it's easy to get around. there's a skill in the tactics focus tree called quick swapping that reduces it by 50% per point, so you put two points in it and it's gone.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  10. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

the penalty is universal, whether you lock or not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.