Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Switching to deck with 2x Ankh of Wala causes slew of problems

Discussion in 'Release 41 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by null2, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. null2

null2 Avatar

4/21/2017 12:42 PM
    Title: Switching to certain decks causes slew of problems
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Kind of
    Details:
    I have a deck that causes all sorts of problems when I switch to it.

I have to re-log in order to clear up these problems.

Problems:
    * The glyphs on my combat bar (always shown) do not change to the current deck until I go into combat.
    * Switching from the currently equipped deck (the buggy one) to my alternative, does not cause my current deck to turn into the alternative. (This can only be done after relogging when the buggy deck is equipped)
    * After equipping the buggy deck, I am often, but not always, unable to equip other gear or another deck.
    * Right clicking on Ankh of Wala on my paper doll menu (character sheet) produces no context menu.
    * I am unable to use the deck swap skill (even with another deck as alternative).

Steps to Reproduce:
    * I believe the only thing needed here is a deck with 2x Ankh of Walas as weapons.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 24021
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.487.Date.04.21.17
    Area: The Fall
    Area Display Name: The Fall
    Loc: (228.2, 149.8, 26.9)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Do you have any details about what may be causing one deck to be bugged but not the other?

3. null2

null2 Avatar

It seems to be only my 2 decks that I have 2x Ankh of Wala. I am almost certain of this.

So one thing I just noticed - I have 2x ankh of wala on me. When I equip my deck that has this gear associated with it, only ONE of the walas is removed from my inventory. So I can see 2x wala on my person and 1x wala in my inventory. I DO NOT HAVE 3 walas on me! But there are 3... When I remove the duplicate wala, it shows in my inventory with red colors

4. null2

null2 Avatar

So I don't have 3 walas obviously, but my deck thinks I can hold 1 wala in each of my hands. I can tell this because without wearing the deck, there are 2 walas in the equipment and when I hover over their durability, it is identical. My walas have different durability in my inventory. So one wala (the 44 durability one) is in each hand on my character sheet, and the other wala stays in my inventory. I think this is a problem with decks that have 2x of the same artifact in their equipment.

5. null2

null2 Avatar

UPDATE:
    This is not just an R41 Problem.

This happens in R40 as well, and I can fix it easily. SO - it seems at some point, my deck with 2x ankh of wala got bugged, and I only noticed it when testing for R41. But in fact, all the same things happen in R40.

I can get around it by just re-equipping the gear and setting it the gear that is associated with the deck.

If this is an R41 problem it is not new, and is probably a big old edge case.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Sounds like an uber edge case that we're still having a hard time observing internally. May need specific step-by-steps to get set up to see this 100% occur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.